beware of "checking-in" your camera

From my view,

The custom officer , the "special-check-in" counter officer and the ground crew are together in 1 group. Trying to steal some expensive goods.

So firstly , custom officer spotted a DSLR..then he lead to the counter..and over the counter this guy stick a blue sticker to his bag to indicate something expensive inside..

Then the ground crew will be the one stealing.

That is my point of view. Might not be true. But it sounds so true to me.

From my view,

The custom officer , the "special-check-in" counter officer and the ground crew are together in 1 group. Trying to steal some expensive goods.

So firstly , custom officer spotted a DSLR..then he lead to the counter..and over the counter this guy stick a blue sticker to his bag to indicate something expensive inside..

Then the ground crew will be the one stealing.

That is my point of view. Might not be true. But it sounds so true to me.

2nd you. For me i will reason with them and ask for any official regulations stated that. they might want to earn more extra income after selling it off if its turn out to be true.

last year nov i brought 2 cam bodies with 2 grips, 2 lens weights 6kg+ with my cam bag and didnt have any problems with the singapore custom, brisbane and adelaide.

Last edited:
seems like a scary trip...

2nd you. For me i will reason with them and ask for any official regulations stated that. they might want to earn more extra income after selling it off if its turn out to be true.

last year nov i brought 2 cam bodies with 2 grips, 2 lens weights 6kg+ with my cam bag and didnt have any problems with the singapore custom, brisbane and adelaide.

sorry..i didnt get you..

2nd you?

We are not talking about singapore , australia..

sorry..i didnt get you..

2nd you?

We are not talking about singapore , australia..

he trying to said he agreed with u.

he should sue.

This is a rip-off and total rubbish if it really happened. The items are allowed and flight crew should have been asked if it was OK to handcarry them onboard.

IF REALLY have to check it in..... it should have been ticketing staff or flight crew at the gate itself that should have handled it

At WHAT point prior to boarding did this occur? I do recognize that sometimes passangers try to bring oversized items onboard as handcarry (esp baby prams and big bags that exceed the size limits ..... these are often handled right at the boarding gate

Total BS...... I would have just refused and barged my way to the flight crew for clarification

yup bro... i'm just sharing my experience i had "recently" :bsmilie:

Oh..

This thread.

Like thailand , vietnam all those poor countries. But they have no choice to do this..Steal.

I somehow pity them. but i now hate them for stealing.

Last edited:
Oh..

This thread. The TS stated more of the corrupted countries..

Like thailand , vietnam all those poor countries. But they have no choice to do this..Steal.

did i state any "corrupted countries"? like in my disclaimer, i mentioned that this is not intended as an attack on any country. :)

Oh..

This thread. The TS stated more of the corrupted countries..

oh ic haha well dont visit there often :bsmilie:

did i state any "corrupted countries"? like in my disclaimer, i mentioned that this is not intended as an attack on any country. :)

so sorry..i phrase it in a wrong way..

wa lau eh!! i'm flying off to HCM next week and will be bringing my 40D, 3 lenses, tripod, flash and a panny HD videocam in my primus minimus as carry-on. my wife worse!! she bringing her G10, sony netbook n NDSL....

how sia? when i bought all these gadgets, i know there's a risk of it being stolen while travelling but i tell myself still must bring them along coz the memories that can be captured are worth so much more. now dat there's a recent case in HCM... i'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. no point risking blindly...

haiz... if its me alone i can juz fight my way thru... at most kena poke backside nia. but my wife will be there with me. scared they take it out on her.

what wld u guys do? pls advise :(

Oh..

This thread.

Cases such as this have also occurred in Incheon International Airport, Hong Kong International Airport and Singapore Changi Airport every now and then, as I had mentioned earlier crime syndicates are often involved in such operations especially overseas.

With fully automated and computerised Baggage Handling System (BHS) in major international airports, the numbers of luggage missing should be maintained at a minimal but yet claims for lost luggage are as widespread as ever before or even worst statistically speaking.

From what I understand, very often when items are stolen from a luggage, the luggage is often retagged where they will probably wound up at the other side of the globe from where you are just so as to cover the tracks of the culprits. Probably the thief did not bother to do a clean job in TS's case.

My two cents. :)

Last edited:
wa lau eh!! i'm flying off to HCM next week and will be bringing my 40D, 3 lenses, tripod, flash and a panny HD videocam in my primus minimus as carry-on. my wife worse!! she bringing her G10, sony netbook n NDSL....

how sia? when i bought all these gadgets, i know there's a risk of it being stolen while travelling but i tell myself still must bring them along coz the memories that can be captured are worth so much more. now dat there's a recent case in HCM... i'm starting to have 2nd thoughts. no point risking blindly...

haiz... if its me alone i can juz fight my way thru... at most kena poke backside nia. but my wife will be there with me. scared they take it out on her.

what wld u guys do? pls advise :(

hi dannygirl,

i would still go ahead. just exercise caution. try not to flash around. and check-in early. you would have lots of time to talk things through with the customs if you're early (and be nice..). cheers!

Oh..

This thread.

Hello! Not the whole country is stealing, don't generalise, they steal also here in Singapore for your info.......

HS