Beware--Bad Seller

Status
Not open for further replies.
What so dishonest?

While I understand your frustration, it is not right at all to label him as dishonest. Did he cheated you? Did he lied to you?

Common lets not get too carried away and label fellow members in this way.

You can rant and warn others but please observe the term of use in CS especially #1 be civil. :nono:

theoretically the buyer was cheated of his time and made to look like a fool, through the seller's not telling him about the previous sale, and thus the seller can be in some way considered dishonest/incosiderate.

Actually the seller could even do the ultimate, NO SHOW and DON'T TAKE CALL from kleon. That will be really bad.

Actually the seller could even do the ultimate, NO SHOW and DON'T TAKE CALL from kleon. That will be really bad.

on hindsight, that would have been worse than what kleon went through. but still doesn't make what kleon went through any less worse, in lieu of what could have potentially been done.

Personally, i think huggable isnt this kinda of people. so i cant really say he is in wrong for this case. Why not we listen to his story?

Lets invite huggable to say his story here

On a personal note, i notice recently there are quite a number of younger sellers who are into get the highest price for their sale. Despite agreeing on price and arranged meetup, they do not have courtesy to last min backup due to last min higher bid. I myself was in 2 separate forums and was sabotaged by such acts too.

While i agree on getting highest price, but once we agree with another on the sale, we should stop receiving bids and carry on the agree sale. Probably due to a few ten dollars more, these folks do not bother even to tell the poor supposedly buyer.

On a personal note, i notice recently there are quite a number of younger sellers who are into get the highest price for their sale. Despite agreeing on price and arranged meetup, they do not have courtesy to last min backup due to last min higher bid. I myself was in 2 separate forums and was sabotaged by such acts too.

While i agree on getting highest price, but once we agree with another on the sale, we should stop receiving bids and carry on the agree sale. Probably due to a few ten dollars more, these folks do not bother even to tell the poor supposedly buyer.

That is what i did last time,

now i have decided not to do that.

that isnt good.

so now i open the sales notice/thread few week before..
Starting bid from $1.

Personally, i think huggable isnt this kinda of people. so i cant really say he is in wrong for this case. Why not we listen to his story?

Lets invite huggable to say his story here

so far, i think huggable is a nice person. but not sure why this time round such a thing happen.....i do agree we need to hear the other side of the story to determine what really happen. Of course so far, if what TS said is rite, then i am kinda disappointed too.

Was it confirmed prior to the meeting, that
the lens was considered sold to you at $X ?
Were both you and seller very clear about this?

(edit)
The matter hinges on this statement:
"Deal already confrim at seller price on 090809 10pm"
Did the seller understand you clearly that it is a done deal at agreed price of $X?
Sometimes phone conversations can be misunderstood.
If yes, then he should not have accepted later higher offers.
(edit)

Was it clear to both of you that seller is to stop accepting higher/other offers before both of you meet?
If you had no firm commitment to buy at $X then is it correct to demand this?

(edit)

Was the meeting just for you to appreciate the lens and see its condition.
Then later you decide whether to make an offer to buy it at a certain price?
If so, then how will the seller know whether you confirm to buy.
Is he wrong then to accept a deposit from someone else.

I guess there are also prospective buyers who do not turn up for meetings leaving the seller to wait.

Maybe in this case he agreed to meet many prospective buyers and one of them paid a deposit before you.

Last edited:
Well, i would like to ask, what can be achieved by going on? It's over. You made your statement, you let the rest of the world know about such a seller. We appreciate your efforts. But if you just keep dwelling over it. Nothing will happen. Learn from it and let it go. In life, there are better things you can do than hang on with the past.

Cheer up. Let it be a lesson learnt and i hope/wish you all the best for the future.

GMAN

I don't think this is a new thing happening. I myself has been caught out once but the seller was nice enough to sms me the day before to tell me he has sold it to someone else as the other party offered a higher price. He said, sorry, man, I needed the money! What I was upset about was that I was willing to pay the price that he sold it at but wasn't given the chance to. :angry:

Is he wrong then to accept a deposit from someone else.
Not at all. But, have the bloody courtesy to give the buyer whom he initially agreed to sell the first right of refusal.

I guess there are also prospective buyers who do not turn up for meetings leaving the seller to wait.
Just because the others have the mannerisms of a Neanderthal, doesn't mean you have to be a monkey too.

Maybe in this case he agreed to meet many prospective buyers and one of them paid a deposit before you.
See above, have bloody courtesy.

Amazing how your mind works though.

If the word was given to sell the lens to the TS, then why did seller still accept deposit from another buyer?

Since the lens was already reserved for another buyer, couldn't the seller have taken the time to give the TS a call/send a text to inform him that the lens has been taken?

While the seller has not been dishonest, this is rather irresponsible behaviour. I like to see the seller's side of the story though.

the seller's side of the story

if buyer was preparing to go out and received some form of notification,then he could have not gone out.
if buyer is on the way when the transfer (reservation) was done :nono:
Either way, i think seller is too much...

Minutes too late.... haha, you expect people to fly over ah?

I myself sold a lens today, stayed to chat photography with this buyer.
I hate people who treat BnS as business, you come early i give you type.
Haiz....

theoretically the buyer was cheated of his time and made to look like a fool, through the seller's not telling him about the previous sale, and thus the seller can be in some way considered dishonest/incosiderate.

Inconsiderate and being dishonest are too very different behavior. So there is not such thing as "inconsiderate/dishonest"

It either inconsiderate or dishonest, period.

So if you are late for an appointment you are a dishonest person? because you cheated the person time for waiting for you?

Theoretically, the seller did informed the seller of the pervious sale, when they met up - so he never made a fool of the buyer did he?

Let's not stretch the argument off tangent, to the point of being ridiculous.

Anyway my point is simple keep this thread civil and do not label other members with such remarks unless proven.

According to TS's 1st post, he mentioned "Deal is confirmed".

Assuming "Deal is confirmed" means the seller have accepted buyer's offer, then in this case a sale and purchase agreement have been made and should be binding.

So it is not right for the seller to back out of the deal. He should honor his words.. and maybe can tell the 2nd offer to wait and inform him that if the first deal didn't went thru, then the 2nd buyer can have the deal.

If he muz take the 2nd offer, the least he could do is to offer to compensate the buyer for the transport cost for the wasted round trip.

Just my opinion.. not specifically referring to the seller in TS's case.

Theoretically, the seller did informed the seller of the pervious sale, when they met up - so he never made a fool of the buyer did he?

Let's not stretch the argument off tangent, to the point of being ridiculous.

Anyway my point is simple keep this thread civil and do not label other members with such remarks unless proven.

Yes he was informed. However, it was inconsiderate(as mentioned) and quite senseless to not even inform the buyer through a simple SMS or phone call that the item had been sold.

Seller makes me go all the way to the meeting point(at his convenience somemore). After meeting him, he came w/o any lens and told me someone paid deposit over IB this morning.

Item was allegedly sold in the "morning". Supposed transaction time with TS was 2pm. Let's say the seller was notified of the fund transfer at 11am. That gives him 3 hours to settle the issues with TS. This was not done. It's bad enough that TS took a day off to make the deal. Wasting his time and money by traveling down to AMK is another thing altogether.

All these views are made based on the assumption that TS did indeed confirm the deal for a set price with the seller and requested for a meetup at the stated time in order to carry it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.