Best value for money DVD writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nowadays they're all around $50 bucks. just get Sony/Samsung/LG/Plextor (if you don't mind paying more). Try to avoid BenQ ;)

nowadays they're all around $50 bucks. just get Sony/Samsung/LG/Plextor (if you don't mind paying more). Try to avoid BenQ ;)

What's wrong with BenQ ?

I have a BENQ. When I 1st got it, there were many write errors and I ended up with many coasters. So, I went to their Funan shop and they swapped it for me. It has worked well every since, burning at good speed.

I also have another Pioneer/Plextor. It's ok. Works well, but there will be incidents of write errors if I turn the burn speed to 8x or higher. To save discs, I usually just let it burn at 4x since I'm not in a hurry anyway.

I usually use Maxell or Imation DVDs.

i use TDK, Pioneer and now LG...

quite good..

buring TDK medias....

I don't think it's fair to slam one brand (Benq in this case) just because of one bad personal experience, without mentioning the specific model. Name brands may have more than one OEM supplier, even for the same model. Lite-on (an OEM) which supplies to Benq, is a good brand, btw.
Look at the situation with the DVD media. Looks like got a lot of different brands but all made in Taiwan and I won't be surprised if competing brands are actually made by the same factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.