Best Shoulder Bag Strap, Optech?


Status
Not open for further replies.

donchua

Senior Member
Nov 30, 2004
8,167
0
0
Tampines
#1
Using the Optech shoulder bag strap now with my Lowerpro stealth Reporter 400AW.
Is the Optech best or got any other better strap for heavy bag?
Thanks.
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#3
i find eagle creek comfortable but a little too "slippery" for my liking. keeps sliding off my shoulder. now trying a strap from pacsafe with wire mesh woven inside the strap. got it from sports connection.
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#4
madmacs said:
i find eagle creek comfortable but a little too "slippery" for my liking. keeps sliding off my shoulder. now trying a strap from pacsafe with wire mesh woven inside the strap. got it from sports connection.

yo bro.... had the same 'slippery problem' with EAGLES CREEK earlier...change the direction of the strap...it should help..thats what they dun tell you...we had to find it out ourselves :)
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#5
AhV said:
yo bro.... had the same 'slippery problem' with EAGLES CREEK earlier...change the direction of the strap...it should help..thats what they dun tell you...we had to find it out ourselves :)
change direction? but the strap is curved right? hmm..will give it a try anyway but sounds a bit odd leh :dunno:
 

AhV

Senior Member
Jun 10, 2004
2,141
0
36
Northland
#6
madmacs said:
change direction? but the strap is curved right? hmm..will give it a try anyway but sounds a bit odd leh :dunno:

i know....curve it the other way....i also found that out from another user .... ;p
 

donchua

Senior Member
Nov 30, 2004
8,167
0
0
Tampines
#7
madmacs said:
i find eagle creek comfortable but a little too "slippery" for my liking. keeps sliding off my shoulder. now trying a strap from pacsafe with wire mesh woven inside the strap. got it from sports connection.
I am looking at the pacsafe strap.
Look good but work good?.
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#8
donchua said:
I am looking at the pacsafe strap.
Look good but work good?.
feels as comfortable as eagle creek. only grouse is the ring that connects to the bag. you need to choose the strap. found some rusty ones.
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#9
AhV said:
i know....curve it the other way....i also found that out from another user .... ;p
just tried..really wierd feel. doesnt seem less slippery cos only the side nearest my neck got contact. the other side floating in the air.
 

LensView

New Member
Dec 23, 2005
103
0
0
#10
Just to share. I actually had this problem especially when I'm climbing cranes to do my shoots at the port. What I did, I used the strap from my crumpler bag, did come mdoification to it. And it works well for me.
 

madmacs

Senior Member
Dec 13, 2002
5,456
0
36
madmacs.multiply.com
#11
my current solution for the eagle creek strap is to cross sling my bag. that way it wont slip :bsmilie:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom