Best prices for epl2

If E-PL2 is $754, sure get it.

If $988, it's not worth the $290 difference compare to E-PL1.

Went to IT SHow this noon. Touched the PL2, surprisingly the zoom ring of the kit lens is very smooth & feels very well built.

But the thing that amazes me most is how small this MSC kit lens is comparing with the older ver while maintaining the same IQ. Overall feel of the PL2 set is very portable & good build quality (for its price).

A little pricey though...

I already hoot it liao..

Now already have the camera, best is to enjoy it..

Loving the IQ of the camera..

Prolly looking for the Panny 20/f1.7 lens in the future. Any idea how much is it retailing in sg?

I check ard, seems like US has the cheapest for that lens.

genocidex said:
I already hoot it liao..

Now already have the camera, best is to enjoy it..

Loving the IQ of the camera..

Prolly looking for the Panny 20/f1.7 lens in the future. Any idea how much is it retailing in sg?

I check ard, seems like US has the cheapest for that lens.

How much did you pay for it? $998?

I bought pana 20mm from B&H in US. Paid US$349 with free domestic shipping. But u have to have someone to bring back for you cos if you add shipping and GST to SG then the savings is less meaningful

I bought pana 20mm from B&H in US. Paid US$349 with free domestic shipping. But u have to have someone to bring back for you cos if you add shipping and GST to SG then the savings is less meaningful

you paid using your SG credit card via the site & shipped it to your US address?

you paid using your SG credit card via the site & shipped it to your US address?

Yes used a SG card. The order was on hold to because of that but they cleared it once i called in and verified my card. Shipped it to a friend's address in the US

I bought the panny 20mm /f1.7 before CNY. Costs S$540 from MS colour. Probably can source a good deal from BnS as well..

Just to make things clear cos first I thought they are both packaged with same lense at IT Show
- EPL1 comes with 14-42mm $698
- EPL2 comes with 14-42mm II (the MSC lense) $998

Last edited:
Just to make things clear cos first I thought they are both packaged with same lense at IT Show
- EPL1 comes with 14-42mm $698
- EPL2 comes with 14-42mm II (the MSC lense) $998

:bsmilie: I'd go for the E-PL2 for the newer lenses and features, but E-PL1 for nicer art filters ;)

Anyone knows the pricing of bls-5? Thank you

I don't think the $698 for EPL1 is a good buy, the EPL2 single lens kit can be bought for $850, and so the price difference is a mere $150, plus the EPL2 kit lens is much better with the MSC, not forgetting you are getting a more advanced EPL2 camera body.

the guy at olympus booth was trying hard-sell tactics to push the EPL1 sales to me, making it sound as though if I don't buy, I'm missing out on the deal of the century.

I don't think the $698 for EPL1 is a good buy, the EPL2 single lens kit can be bought for $850, and so the price difference is a mere $150, plus the EPL2 kit lens is much better with the MSC, not forgetting you are getting a more advanced EPL2 camera body.

the guy at olympus booth was trying hard-sell tactics to push the EPL1 sales to me, making it sound as though if I don't buy, I'm missing out on the deal of the century.

Actually that may be untrue for someone who just wants to get started on m4/3. IMHO, the e-pl1 is still good enough... e-pl2 sure has more advanced features and feels better.. but the < $700 price tag might be just right for a P&S upgrader.. $900+ could be too much...

:bsmilie: I'd go for the E-PL2 for the newer lenses and features, but E-PL1 for nicer art filters ;)
EPL1 nicer filters meh??? only gentle sepia is different wor...dramatic tone on EPL2 is what some will buy it for;)
Actually that may be untrue for someone who just wants to get started on m4/3. IMHO, the e-pl1 is still good enough... e-pl2 sure has more advanced features and feels better.. but the < $700 price tag might be just right for a P&S upgrader.. $900+ could be too much...
for $300 difference, epl1 is actually a good deal. & if no freebies, possibly <$600 ... xz1 & some other compacts is priced more than epl1 for that matter...i sold my epl2 and switched back to epl1. maybe when epl2 price drop low, i will consider buying it again. but if the lack of better features on epl2 is what stopped one from buying epl1, who's to stop one from buying pl2 now? pl2 is just a blend of p2+pl1, apart from faster AF kit lens, the improvements are quite lateral, imo.

I agree, IMO, both cameras are capable with their own flaws, the E-PL1 is more affordable, especially for students, for working adults, the couple hundred is not too bad, but for students, it could mean the difference between not eating for a month or eating, hahaha

EPL1 nicer filters meh??? only gentle sepia is different wor...dramatic tone on EPL2 is what some will buy it for;)

For me, dramatic tone ok only la... Not really usable for my style of shooting, I'd rather gentle sepia, if I could have my choice of art filters, it'll be pop art, soft focus, grainy film(type I and II),pin hole (type I, II, III), gentle sepia and cross process but of course, that's just me :D

My Frein just bought a EPL2 dual kit lens at $1248 this IT Show. no discount at all...only upgrade 8gb card to 16gb card....

Hi

Does the new kit lens come in silver and does it have the silly lens lock thing?

Just to share, I got my white dual lens kit from Namdaemun in Korea for 900k won. Ard 1046SGD with exchange rate of 860. The price could be lower though. The salesperson there is very smart. They don't give you a quotation. Instead, they ask you to offer a price first.
Free gifts: screen protector, original Olympus camera bag, 4GB SD card, cleaning kit & SD card reader.