best place to get a tamron 24-135?


Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePractise

New Member
Apr 12, 2002
28
0
0
41
www.powershot.com
any recommendation to get one at good price?
last quoted by fotoguide was $630
looking for ppl who want to buy together in bulk
maybe can get cheaper

:gbounce:
 

TME

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
6,579
0
0
44
Clementi
Originally posted by ThePractise
any recommendation to get one at good price?
last quoted by fotoguide was $630
looking for ppl who want to buy together in bulk
maybe can get cheaper

:gbounce:
I got a recent quote from Alan Photo (2 weeks old) for S$580. It was $620 a few months before. The price excludes 3% GST.
 

scanner

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,606
0
0
Visit site
Originally posted by TME


I got a recent quote from Alan Photo (2 weeks old) for S$580. It was $620 a few months before. The price excludes 3% GST.
Guys, becareful, they can tell U this price, but when U go there, they can quote U a different price! This happened to me when I purchase this len. They can tell U that the price they quote are meant for other mount! :devil:

good luck in your purchase! ;)
 

Kho King

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
2,513
0
0
44
shashinki.com
Usually Canon mount is slightly higher. Nikon, Pentax and Minolta mount are same price.
 

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,346
0
36
47
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Originally posted by Kho King
Usually Canon mount is slightly higher. Nikon, Pentax and Minolta mount are same price.
You could not be further from the truth. Local and overseas sources confirm Tamron lenses are priced similarly for all mounts. Only unscrupulous merchants would try to convince you otherwise (unless they themselves have been duped).
 

Kho King

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
2,513
0
0
44
shashinki.com
Originally posted by Edmund
You could not be further from the truth. Local and overseas sources confirm Tamron lenses are priced similarly for all mounts. Only unscrupulous merchants would try to convince you otherwise (unless they themselves have been duped).
If my memory serves me well, some Tamron/Tokina lenses that I asked equote from CP showing that the Canon mount is S$50 higher. Need to check with CP again to verify.
 

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,346
0
36
47
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
Originally posted by Kho King


If my memory serves me well, some Tamron/Tokina lenses that I asked equote from CP showing that the Canon mount is S$50 higher. Need to check with CP again to verify.
I have double checked before my earlier post, CP, B&H, Delta International, Adorama, etc all have similar prices for Tamron lenses of whatever mount you choose. Did not check Tokina lenses as this thread was asking for Tamron. Anyway, those of you who are looking for the Tamron lens mentioned in this thread, please take note.
 

TME

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
6,579
0
0
44
Clementi
Yupe, Tamron lens all the same price since Tamron does not take advantage of the USM features or Canon and the equivalent of Nikon. For example, the Sigma 17-35mm wide zoom, there are different prices for Minolta and for Canon and Nikon. The Minolta mount is much cheaper since there is no additional motor to drive the lens. But for Canon and Nikon, they have that additional motor in the lens. Hence the price difference. For Tamron, all lens are the same in that they are just ordinary lens without that motor drive.
 

TME

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
6,579
0
0
44
Clementi
Originally posted by scanner


Guys, becareful, they can tell U this price, but when U go there, they can quote U a different price! This happened to me when I purchase this len. They can tell U that the price they quote are meant for other mount! :devil:

good luck in your purchase! ;)

Well u could print the email and ask. Afterall, for any of the brands, Minolta is always the cheapest. Anyway, this price was quoted by Mr Sam Tan. I went down to ask for the Sigma 17-35 before and I was quoted $780, about 3 months later, I asked for an equote and got $750. So I think that it is relaible this equote. Like I said print the email and ask them for the price.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.