Best place to buy Voigtlander lenses in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
XXX Boy said:
Try Ron Camera. He got plently of Leica and rangefinder supplies.

Tough luck..... Ron Camera boss told me he hasn't got any left except for the expensive Leica stuff.....

Any body has idea where else I can get the adaptors? Or anyone wants to let go one or two?

I need one for 35mm, 1 for 75mm.

szekiat said:
i understand that he's moved to the 7th floor of the same building. Where exactly, i have no idea as i have yet to have time to look him up
Anthony is at #07-05

helium said:
Tough luck..... Ron Camera boss told me he hasn't got any left except for the expensive Leica stuff.....

Any body has idea where else I can get the adaptors? Or anyone wants to let go one or two?

I need one for 35mm, 1 for 75mm.

Maybe you can try K13, the last time I saw he had quite a lot of LTM to M adaptor. If you using it for Bessa, you need not to use the correct frame-line mount since the Bessa does not have automatic frame-line selector. Using the Bessa, you must always manually select the frame-line.

I thought Mr Wong at Chinatown Point has it. Try him.

Hi XXX Boy,
Yup K13 has. But their price seems very steep. 100+ without rear cap. Ron cam told me ~180 for an original Leica thingy (hope I heard him correctly). Not sure of the price but initially Anthony told me its in the range of 100 with the rear cap. Not sure if I got this right. Anybody can fill me on this?

Hi King Pin,
Thanks. Will try to contact him.

I guess if its available as voigtlander, that would be a better buy. Cosina makes some really nice products too ... mostly sold as voigtlander. It's very different from their lower end plastic stuff. It's like comparing the cheapie Canon EOS lenses vs their L-stuff.
It's all a matter of perception. I have and use their voigtlander lenses, and I think they're a good compromise between build quality and weight. Have you tried the leica RF lenses? They're quite heavy for their size.

Keltzar said:
I guess if its available as voigtlander, that would be a better buy. Cosina makes some really nice products too ... mostly sold as voigtlander. It's very different from their lower end plastic stuff. It's like comparing the cheapie Canon EOS lenses vs their L-stuff.
It's all a matter of perception. I have and use their voigtlander lenses, and I think they're a good compromise between build quality and weight. Have you tried the leica RF lenses? They're quite heavy for their size.

I am not trying to say that Cosina made products are lousy.
I know that the Voigtlander made by them is quite good.
But would you want to pay a high price for it?
This 'Zeiss Ikon rangefinder' is a 'Cosina in a smarter suit'.
If you had feel the Leica's engineering before, I can tell you nothing come close to it.

we have to wait and see. I heard that the zeiss ikon RF has a longer base-length. So it may not be a plain R3a.

This is unlike the Rollei 35RF, which is just a rebadged Bessa R2.

re: leica's engineering... I have come to conclude this is a matter of personal taste. I have more than once handled the M6 ... but somehow could not like it enough to buy it. I still prefer the Voigtlander Bessa.

And I still have a Leicaflex SL ... but I still prefer the build of my nikon FM-series cameras. The SL feels like a tin can.
That's my opinion, your mileage probably varies.

"leica's engineering... I have come to conclude this is a matter of personal taste." - ditto Keltzar.

"If you had feel (BTW, watz dat?? ;) ) the Leica's engineering before...nothing come close to it" - This sounds like someone shouting at a flea market, don't you think?. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.