Best lens adapter for Sony A7 series to Nikon lenses

rEveRie

Nov 19, 2005
Nikon
www.robbysucipto.com
Hello folks, could someone please advise on the best adapter I could be getting for my Nikon lenses to mount on Sony A7 series please?

I've read that there are several options out there including Metabones, Commlite, Voigtlander, etc.

Is there anyone with a good use for autofocus?
Otherwise, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks.

I use metabones and voigtlander and are very happy with the build quality. However I bought the early version of the voigtlander adaptor when use with a7r the full frame corners black out. Not sure the later version has this issue solved or not.

Hello folks, could someone please advise on the best adapter I could be getting for my Nikon lenses to mount on Sony A7 series please?

I've read that there are several options out there including Metabones, Commlite, Voigtlander, etc.

Is there anyone with a good use for autofocus?
Otherwise, which do you prefer and why?

Thanks.

1. Do u need AF? If no ie manual focusing, any brand w Nikon mount preferably giving u some sort of electronic feedback/reading to ur viewfinder will do.

2. If u need AF, AFAIK only commlite offers it. Having said that, that does not mean it works well on all A7 series bodies. So pls refer to commlite website for their most updated list for which Nikon lenses and which Sony bodies. http://www.commlite.com/en/product_...4.jpg&title_lm=E-Mount Ring&title=CM-ENF-E(1)

On point 2, I hv both A7rii & A7sii bodies. I hv tested / use w commlite adapter w Nikon lenses on. This is my view... If ur Sony A7 series body does not hv PDAF (A7sii in my case...) - forget it. It's painfully slow and it is faster to use manual focusing. AF does work, just slow. On the A7rii body that has PDAF - focusing is quick and accurate.

Hope it helps and answered ur query.