Benro Tripods? Are they good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamon

Feb 10, 2008
I am looking to buy a Tripod for nightshots and some macro.
Benro Tripods look good for the price.
hope to spend below $200 for the tripod and ball head.
A158 + BH-0 maybe... or even A057
My Camera setup should be less than 2 Kg

However just saw a very bad review on a Benro KS-2 Ball head.
said the cosmetics was good but internals junk.
This fellow actually strip the ball head apart.

So now a bit confused.... :confused:

So Benro users pls comment if Benro is a good buy :thumbsup::thumbsd:

Or should I still stick to the Branded names? :dunno:

Been using A550EX, no problems so far. However, I wish I got the 3 section one instead of the 4. Otherwise, very stable and cheap for this height. P.S. I'm 1.9m tall =p

I have a A-157 and a KS-1 head. I have found both to be up to my expectations other then it being a little heavy. I would recommend it to you if you're budget is that low as it's a real bang for the buck. Don't expect to compare it against a Gitzo favourably.

Samuel

How does the Benro compare with say the Stetige?

I had recently purchased Benro Tripod A500EX + head BH-1. My heaviest set up so far is 1kg++ and it can support firmly. :)

I am using Benro A 300EX with Ball head BH 00. It serve me well! i bought it with me to tioman and also use it for local shots.. Landscape & macro.. Very happy with it... not too heavy also.. i don't really feel the weight for carrying it around for whole day! ;)

I am looking to buy a Tripod for nightshots and some macro.
Benro Tripods look good for the price.
hope to spend below $200 for the tripod and ball head.
A158 + BH-0 maybe... or even A057
My Camera setup should be less than 2 Kg

However just saw a very bad review on a Benro KS-2 Ball head.
said the cosmetics was good but internals junk.
This fellow actually strip the ball head apart.

So now a bit confused.... :confused:

So Benro users pls comment if Benro is a good buy :thumbsup::thumbsd:

Or should I still stick to the Branded names? :dunno:

I saw the same review, and bought a manfrotto 486RC2 ball head to go with my Benro C-158n6 legs. Think it is a great balance between a decent price/weight and performance.

why not just go to both peninsular and pay a visit to CP (manfrotto, gittos, gitzo, slik) and Jack (benro). take advice with a pinch of salt. one man's meat is another's poison, ultimately, it is you decision to make.

may i suggest you read up the sticky posted here for basic guideline to selecting tripod.

also, i think it is quite safe to assume you will get a combo of camera with grip, 70-200mm f2.8 and flash even though you may not get them. get 1 tripod and thats it, no more worries.

myself using 2 tripod,
one for dslr (d60 with grip) or slr (1vhs) setup,
another for compact digital (g2) or mech. camera (canonet or k1000) with either 24mm or 50mm prime lens.

I saw the same review, and bought a manfrotto 486RC2 ball head to go with my Benro C-158n6 legs. Think it is a great balance between a decent price/weight and performance.

Heh. I saw the same review and bought a Manfrotto 488RC2 ball head with my Benro A227n6 (now replaced by A257n6 I believe). If you don't mind the twist lock legs (instead of flip lock like the Manfrotto) they are great legs.

I wish I had bought the CF legs, but I got it in Beijing and I didn't have enough cash with me that time. Paid twice as much for the head as I did for the legs :confused:

BTW, TS, get one that is tall enough for you to use without bending, with center column down. Not much point having an unstable tripod or backache.

what's the determining factor for choosing the Benro EX-series to the A-Series or vice versa? they seem to be in the similar price range?

How does the Benro compare with say the Stetige?

It depends which model you compare. There is only one Stetige. Many many benros. The 157 (i think, the 120 dollar one) should be about the same. But the higher benro models are much better. Some reviewers say the stetige is not quite stable, I haven't tried so cant say anything about that. Anyway, both of them are too short for me (im 1.8)
CrUeL said:
what's the determining factor for choosing the Benro EX-series to the A-Series or vice versa? they seem to be in the similar price range?
:dunno: Im using a Benro A-550EX Hahahhas/

Status
Not open for further replies.