Benro B-1 Ball head

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkaido88

Dec 29, 2007
Anyone has use this tripod before? How is it? It has a very similar design like Markins but sell at a fraction of it's cost.

It's Ok... But definitely not as good as the premium ballheads (Arca-Swiss,Markins,Acratech,Kirk,Really Right Stuff). I would say that Benro tends to over-rate their max-load specs. I am sure the B-1 cannot take heavy tele primes without having any problems.

I've been using the B-1 for a couple of months now, so far, it's been pretty good for what I do. Mostly it's the 5D2+grip+16-35 and sometimes the 70-200 2.8, so far no issues, and it's rather steady even when tilted at an angle. Definitely not as solid as the markins and those top end make, but good enough for my usage.

I rather pay a little more for Markins Q3, u may see some pretty good deal in B&S section. <$400

Macro shooter will prefer Markins Q3 at least. 1mm drop mean a lot.

That mean this ballhead still tilt a bit while lockinig it? Could I make fine adjustment like markins(the ability to move the lens without tilt)?

Anyone has use this tripod before? How is it? It has a very similar design like Markins but sell at a fraction of it's cost.

Tried the Benro KB ballheads before on 70-200- excellent, not as smooth as a Markins, but it holds the weight well with no creeping and totally stable, for, as u mentioned, several fractions of a Markins price- very well worth it, just like getting a performance of a Lamborghini SV for the price of a Nissan GTR.

Why pay for a Porsche 911 when u pay several times cheaper for a GTR which outguns the real thing?:bsmilie:

mulia so there's really a value for money markins 'compatible' ball head :). That's great.

What about the China one which mimick exactly like markins? Those are even cheaper?

Hi

May I borrow this thread to ask a Benro tripod related question, hope the TS won't mind.

My question is, can one upgrade just the ball head to a Markins or Really Right Stuff ones?

Will other brands ball heads be compatible to Benro tripod legs?

Thanks.

Yes you can. Tripod usually comes with 3/8" thread or 1/4" thread. Just get a ballhead which has the same thread size. Or buy a 1/4" to 3/8" adaptor. Both way works.

Yes you can. Tripod usually comes with 3/8" thread or 1/4" thread. Just get a ballhead which has the same thread size. Or buy a 1/4" to 3/8" adaptor. Both way works.

Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.