bench by the beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildsoyabean

Sep 28, 2008
3100069082_33139f7890.jpg

took this in cali- santa cruz
added the poem for a better mood. for translation : http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/poetry-que-qiao-xian-fairy-on-the-magpie-bridge/

i saw the beautiful view...and wish at that point of time my love one was with me to enjoy the scenery and some romance... hence shot an empty chair with a lamppost and a beautfiul beach

would like C&C on composition, and any other comments that can improve my shots

Last edited:
some self critque...
sucky title...
any idea for a better title...im out of juice...and a bit drunk right now...over in states

Would prefer if you moved to the left a little, to at least try to omit out the lamppost, and show us more of the beach u said in the title, i cant seem to find the beach except for the small part in between the fences at the left side of the picture. True, there's some part of the sea to the right as well, but the colour of the sea seems to blend in well with the sand, thus confuse-ing the viewer..

I like the contemplative and even reflective nature of the photo, but the horizon is not straight which makes the whole photo deliberately tilted to straighten the lamp post?

Would prefer if you moved to the left a little, to at least try to omit out the lamppost, and show us more of the beach u said in the title, i cant seem to find the beach except for the small part in between the fences at the left side of the picture. True, there's some part of the sea to the right as well, but the colour of the sea seems to blend in well with the sand, thus confuse-ing the viewer..

hmm i like the lampost though..seems like making it more romantic. guess...i didnt really want to show so much of the beach...but more of the chair by the sea

I like the contemplative and even reflective nature of the photo, but the horizon is not straight which makes the whole photo deliberately tilted to straighten the lamp post?

yup i tilt it to straigten the lamppost(i mark my grid on the cam according to the lamppost) . slanted lampost damn ugly - i find. tilted sea harder to notice...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.