Being screwed over at Angkor by Kingston 4GB Elite Pro 45X

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, only 2 brand of card is good. Lexar and Sandisk :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . I will not risk my photos for the cheaper prices of other brands. Money cannot buy precious moments captured in the photo. Imagine if you shoot your friend's wedding and your card failed at the end of the day without backing up... :angry: ;( Safest way is to invest a good card and backup frequently.

i have a Lexar 1GB, and it failed me a few months ago, it has this message for some of my images "No Image Data" and it will hang my D70s, the LCD which usually displays how many images left to be shot, it will display CHR instead. then i got to off the camera, take out the card and put it back in before it works again. The last shot will however be corrupted.

It's very frustrating and i know how you must feel.

I don't think the problem's just with Kingston - something similar happened to me with a Lexar 2GB CF card, and also in Angkor. (Hey.. maybe there's something in the Angkor air.......)

haha..... twilight zone?....
I was at the La Phrom temple (the one with giant trees eating up the temples) when i discovered that i didnt charge my "spare battery" and so was unable to shoot anything there ..... but strangely after when I reached AW for the sunset, my "dead" batteries could fire up another 100 shots! .......:sweat:

I heard Aliens build that place as a monument.. they still have 1 or 2 of their spaceships below those "temples". So me thinks its the magnetic flux that is causing all the trouble for digital memory cards, and the main reason for "charging" those worn out batteries.. And yes, compass does not work there.

:what:

I had a Kingston 1mb Elite Pro do similar things at Angkor early in the year. Card died then i reformatted and it came back to life... still after being let down one is not likely to trust the card again. Lost about 100 pics but had 2 cards and a hard disk card reader to back everything up each night.
one problem that we did have when i bought a 4mb card for my Oly E500 was that it took forever to formatt. So we put the card in a e-1 and it formatted fine. Guys in the camera shop hadn't had to formatt one before so it caught us all out. trick for young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.