Beauty Portraits: M @ Suan Rod Fai (Test Shoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheresmycheese, what is your problem here? Why are you so interested about the word "test shoot"? And what is it about my post processing that made you so ticklish?

I welcome and appreciate you writing on her angles, execution, lighting, frames, composition, etc. or anything about how to make photography better. Please refrain from asking these kind of time-wasting questions like "why call it test shoot" or "plastic skin" etc on my thread.

You have the right to post anything you want in public forums like this. I also have the right not to entertain you with your irrelevant questions. If you don't like it, you just move on. Don't make a scene here.

Who says that I cannot post process my images as if it is a real shoot? Because I like it. Because I want to do it. I hope that answers your question.

In fact, I have to thank you also. This session was not a snap shot session. I was really doing a test shoot. If such a simple shoot I can make you feel as if it is a real shoot with proper planning and execution, that means either I have made some progress in my learning path OR you are too shallow to see and understand the purpose of shooting a model.

Thanks for writing! :)

Dear Mr Chow

I ‘ve not mention anything abt plastic skins. you made them up yourself on this thread. i was referring only to test shoots and touch up. Well, test shoots are to see if you and the model are suitable for collaboration. I've got nothing against you i do NOT even know you and my comments are solely to help you else why would I even bother to type them. I am not so bo liao!!!

Anyway, while you refuse to answer some of the questions I post its perfectly fine. I only wish to help you improve if you are not keen its fine by all means. We all have different styles who am I to say yuck not nice. I never once said that. I just question why you did this and that but you gentlemanly refuse to comment so well your choice and your future endeavors.

Btw as one bro here pointed out for test shot a lot emphasis are placed on angles etc but we haven’t seen much here that’s why I question the words “test shots”. Since you are uncomfortable I shan’t comment and if praises are what you are looking for. Yeah you got nice models!

WMC

Last edited:
Dear Mr Chow

I ‘ve not mention anything abt plastic skins. you made them up yourself on this thread. i was referring only to test shoots and touch up. Well, test shoots are to see if you and the model are suitable for collaboration. I've got nothing against you i do NOT even know you and my comments are solely to help you else why would I even bother to type them. I am not so bo liao!!!

Anyway, while you refuse to answer some of the questions I post its perfectly fine. I only wish to help you improve if you are not keen its fine by all means. We all have different styles who am I to say yuck not nice. I never once said that. I just question why you did this and that but you gentlemanly refuse to comment so well your choice and your future endeavors.

Btw as one bro here pointed out for test shot a lot emphasis are placed on angles etc but we haven’t seen much here that’s why I question the words “test shots”. Since you are uncomfortable I shan’t comment and if praises are what you are looking for. Yeah you got nice models!

WMC

Thank you for writing again.

I am just tired of answering questions about post processing and plastic skins. I had been asked many questions on this until I get to a boiling point. I apologize if my slight temperament had caused you discomfort.

Thank you again for your good intention for helping me improve. Let me try to digest on your question about why I touch up so intensively if it was a test shoot. After much thinking, I cannot comprehen the relationship between touching up intensively and improving my skills. In my opinion, both are separate issues independent of each other although both are in a series of actions to be taken with shooting skills coming before post processing. I am not able to understand the logic behind why this touching up intensively issue is linked to my test shoot and its ways to help me improve...

One of the members also talked about test angles. Test angles are only for me to see. I do not need and am no obligated to show everything I took. I show only what I would like the public to see. These images are the ones that I am looking for and I am sharing them to the public. Their are many other expressions in my collection but they are not what I need in my upcoming theme. These smiling faces are enough for me and I am sharing these images only. I would like the public and you to understand that I have the right to show whatever I want the public to see. The public and you has the right to request and I reserved the right to oblige. I hope to make a very clear statement here.

I am not looking for praises and I never stated my intention for praises in the first place. Every time I posted my images, there will be some people that appreciates my work and there will be people disagreeing. I cannot stop that. The public can comment anything they wish but kindly do bear in mind that I have the right to take in whatever I want to see or read that I find relevant to my stuffs.

I was moulded from tons and tons of comments here in ClubSNAP until I am what I am today. I have learned to take in what is needed to be taken in and throw out what I find irrelevant. I appreciate your effort and intention of trying to help me improve on my photography skills but it is unfortunate that I have to categorize your valued effort as irrelevant. Although that, I still would like to thank you for taking your time in writing. Do continue to write and comment more on the things you find. You are welcome to do so. I only request the comments to be civilized and written in a neutral standpoint.

Thank you for your last praise. I am actually kind of sad by it because you are praising the model, not me. Do remember, having a good looking model DOES NOT make your photos better. It is the skills, the techniques, the passion, the understanding of the importance of portrait photography and to elaborate the essence of what makes a model beautiful, when combined together through careful planning, timing and execution, makes your photo "WOW!". The model is only there to attract more attention from viewers to see your photos.

Thanks for your effort.

Thank you for writing again.

I am just tired of answering questions about post processing and plastic skins. I had been asked many questions on this until I get to a boiling point. I apologize if my slight temperament had caused you discomfort.

Thank you again for your good intention for helping me improve. Let me try to digest on your question about why I touch up so intensively if it was a test shoot. After much thinking, I cannot comprehen the relationship between touching up intensively and improving my skills. In my opinion, both are separate issues independent of each other although both are in a series of actions to be taken with shooting skills coming before post processing. I am not able to understand the logic behind why this touching up intensively issue is linked to my test shoot and its ways to help me improve...

One of the members also talked about test angles. Test angles are only for me to see. I do not need and am no obligated to show everything I took. I show only what I would like the public to see. These images are the ones that I am looking for and I am sharing them to the public. Their are many other expressions in my collection but they are not what I need in my upcoming theme. These smiling faces are enough for me and I am sharing these images only. I would like the public and you to understand that I have the right to show whatever I want the public to see. The public and you has the right to request and I reserved the right to oblige. I hope to make a very clear statement here.

I am not looking for praises and I never stated my intention for praises in the first place. Every time I posted my images, there will be some people that appreciates my work and there will be people disagreeing. I cannot stop that. The public can comment anything they wish but kindly do bear in mind that I have the right to take in whatever I want to see or read that I find relevant to my stuffs.

I was moulded from tons and tons of comments here in ClubSNAP until I am what I am today. I have learned to take in what is needed to be taken in and throw out what I find irrelevant. I appreciate your effort and intention of trying to help me improve on my photography skills but it is unfortunate that I have to categorize your valued effort as irrelevant. Although that, I still would like to thank you for taking your time in writing. Do continue to write and comment more on the things you find. You are welcome to do so. I only request the comments to be civilized and written in a neutral standpoint.

Thank you for your last praise. I am actually kind of sad by it because you are praising the model, not me. Do remember, having a good looking model DOES NOT make your photos better. It is the skills, the techniques, the passion, the understanding of the importance of portrait photography and to elaborate the essence of what makes a model beautiful, when combined together through careful planning, timing and execution, makes your photo "WOW!". The model is only there to attract more attention from viewers to see your photos.

Thanks for your effort.

no prob thanks for clearing the air!

Yup yup yup.. 25 to 29.. ;)
Hehehehehe..
wife is tagging along thou..

Yeah, this time round decided not to go too much on the post processing because I've tried different types on her but didn't work.

Have you got your visa approved? :)

my gosh great stuff even though it's not a full-fledged shoot (wonder how much better it'd be if it were)
cheers

;p;p
yeah.. Certainly love to, if you hv the time.. will need to rely on you thou, hehehe ..

Okay. Let me arrange it. Hmm... Who shall I engage... Maybe let's talk about a theme first. Let's have some ideas and see where these ideas take us to. Then we work towards that direction and get a suitable model to fit the theme. I'll be sending you private messages. :)

From my (noob) point of view, this is an absolute stunner. Most of the pics had a good composition and i noticed you made very good use of lightings.

For the benefit of amateurs like me and/or any other CSers, can you give some tips/hints? Like how you use your flash? How to use lighting make the picture nicer? And also other hints like how to post process the pictures? What tools in particular? Like you mentioned dodge/contrast for eyes. I thought contrast was for entire picture as a whole, can do for selected body parts?

Looking forward to your advice!!!

From my (noob) point of view, this is an absolute stunner. Most of the pics had a good composition and i noticed you made very good use of lightings.

For the benefit of amateurs like me and/or any other CSers, can you give some tips/hints? Like how you use your flash? How to use lighting make the picture nicer? And also other hints like how to post process the pictures? What tools in particular? Like you mentioned dodge/contrast for eyes. I thought contrast was for entire picture as a whole, can do for selected body parts?

Looking forward to your advice!!!

I cannot explain everything here in 1 shot. Perhaps it there is an opportunity, I may conduct some lessons on camera basics including the relationship between shutter speed, aperture, ISO, exposure compensation and flash value. May also consider photoshop lessons for everyone as well. But need classroom with a good display. Don't know how to get it done...

hmmm. actually the best way i feel is not through a classroom theoretical lesson. that might help abit but the fastest and best way for beginners to learn is by practice. Maybe we can arrange for a shoot together then you can teach us over there? Sry i can't resist asking you cos the pictures you took were of magazine quality or better. :)

Pic 09:

3319c5de.jpg

I like this among the lot.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hmmm. actually the best way i feel is not through a classroom theoretical lesson. that might help abit but the fastest and best way for beginners to learn is by practice. Maybe we can arrange for a shoot together then you can teach us over there? Sry i can't resist asking you cos the pictures you took were of magazine quality or better. :)

Thanks for your compliments. I am flattered. :)

nice shots.... i love your series.... thanks for sharing mate :thumbsup:

nice pics, but i think it will be better if the model has decorated nails

Status
Not open for further replies.