Beauty Portraits: Jean @ Sea Sand Sun Pattaya

Please help me vote for this thread. Thanks.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Great lighting and nicely done ... :thumbsup:

Wow... This thread is still surviving? Thanks all for your comments. Really appreciate your inputs. :)

Nothing added lah. Just shoot at the correct time. Thanks for your comments.

Umm... No, thats a bit of a misleading statement don't you think.

I would have said that you gelled your flash, but after looking at the light on the models thighs in a few of the beach shots, I'd say you were using flash (blue light) and were either shooting AWB with RAW then correcting to warm WB in lightroom, or you were shooting in K mode so you could see the effects of the WB right away in your previews. This is evident by the light from the sun, and the light from her leg... You're welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but either way, what I said above is one way to achieve the look he was after.

So Yes, photoshop was added, not time of day. Though to his credit, the lights weren't gelled, so I guess not a complete falsehood. Oh, and time of day did help when it came to exposure balance, rim lighting, nice little sun in the sky etc...

You said you were using speedlights, so I'm going to guess highspeed sync mode, had the fstopped down quite a bit... Erm, I'ma stop giving away all your secrets ;)

Good series BTW, I wouldn't have bothered viewing all the way to the end otherwise.
Oh, and to the other poster asking about skintone colors, WB my friend... Also gelled flash, if needed. Er try a gold reflector at the very least and you'll be happy with your tones.

I have to admit, the models pretty damn cheo (is that how Singaporean's say it).

Thanks for taking the time to share your work.
It's inspiring me to wanna do some TFP work at the beach...

Last edited:
Did you bring all the outfits to Pattaya? I guess bikinis are easy, LOL, but there are some huge dresses.

Have you had any help with the make up and hair?

Wow... Such long reply... That is nice. Thanks for writing. And yes, I have my make-up artist and my stylist with me during the shoot. :)

Hi Zeckson,

you have some very interesting pictures here. Especially your first 10 pictures.
Before I write further, I must declare that I am no photographer. The only cameras I have are those compact. :bsmilie: so, my comment will not be "if the exposure is right or flash is right".... I know nuts about them...
I will just talk about my feelings about your picture.
anyway, when I saw your first picture, the feeling that I got was "oh my god!" :bigeyes:
I was quickly scrolling through your pictures and then notice something. They seem to tell a story. Please patronize me as I write along my feelings pict by pict. :)

Pict1: When I saw this picture, as I mentioned before, the feeling that I got was "oh my god!" everything is so sharp and clear and yet so noisy. Everything seems to jump off the screen asking for attention. While at the same time, the model seems to sprout from the ground and blended with the vegetation. Everything in the picture are alive and yet so without lives.

pict2: the model was being sized up and pickup from the "noise". Now she get focus upon. The background/noise began to fade away.

pict3: the model expressed self doubt even though pictures starts to bring out her curve and beauty.

pict4: the model turns back and look. reluctantly leaving her comfort zone.

pict5: The model is entering into a new territory. She must keep her mind focus to get where she wants.

pict 6: she let her hair down and enter into a new golden horizon. As she drop off her cocoon, she morph into a beautiful butterfly. And yet she has only just begun, she was feeling a little shy.

pict 7: she let go and began to let her guards up

pict08: she wants to try something. She wants to touch the water with her body.

pict09: closer to the water, but still not sure.. eyes all alert and focus.

pict10: finally she dip into the water and bath herself wet. she let her guard down fully and expressed her inner beauty... and she looks absolutely amorous...

I hope you didn't fall asleep by now. :bsmilie:

Your pictures seem to tell the story that many people are too caught up with the nitty gritty camera features and photograph technique that they end up making their photo to clinically clean. It is like taking a picture of lives without life. As illustrated by pict 1.

it will take sharp eyes of a good photographer to filter out the noise and single out the beauty that maybe sitting right in front of you. pict 2

Identifying the beauty is one thing. Coaxing her out of her own comfort zone takes even more effort.(pict4) But the end result is as satisfying as letting life expresses life.....(pic10)

haa.... hope you don't mind me putting words into your mouth(pictures) But I find them very well taken and organized in a meaningful manner.
Great Effort! and just for the record, I like pic 8 the most!

have fun and enjoy your passion....:thumbsup:

Hi Zeckson,
Very nice series, I love almost everything, especially the beach shots... the lighting is very well balance

I found the whole series to be very professional. The model was attractive, the outfits were varied and sexy while still stylish and fashionable, the poses and environment were attractive, eye catching and make me want to go visit. And of course, the photos just had that polish that made it obvious some effort had been put in by all involved. (I think the shower looked a bit too small though for a posh place)

Just a small note Mr Chow: It's "input", not "inputS".

I found the whole series to be very professional. The model was attractive, the outfits were varied and sexy while still stylish and fashionable, the poses and environment were attractive, eye catching and make me want to go visit. And of course, the photos just had that polish that made it obvious some effort had been put in by all involved. (I think the shower looked a bit too small though for a posh place)

Just a small note Mr Chow: It's "input", not "inputS".

Thank you very much for your comments and appreciation. And oops... A little typo there too. Ha ha ha ha. :)

Pic 07:

20100118-Jean-1000x665-019.jpg

20100118-Jean-1000x665-020.jpg

20100118-Jean-1000x665-022.jpg

20100118-Jean-1000x665-023.jpg

Best set for me was on the Beach. Love the treatment. :thumbsup:

your pictures are so great that i was browsing through every single post and replies :)
loved everything in those pictures. tons of effort and hardwork! and we're appreciating that! :D

your pictures are so great that i was browsing through every single post and replies :)
loved everything in those pictures. tons of effort and hardwork! and we're appreciating that! :D

Thank you for your comments. Appreciate your writing, considering that you seldom post. :)