Be Bold! Do this if u don't get what it is claimed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would this stand up in court though? Tricky case to prove.

slim chance i would think. after all, it's caveat emptor thingy...

tis guy... imho... just another troublemaker... if he really rich, y dun he get a new 1 instead? y buy a 2nd hand 1 den complain? and 170 isn't much imho... if i get tis... just throw lor... (i think somebody here might come & kick me about the 170 thingy now...)

yah lar.. but not everyone is as rich as him ma.. because of $170, he would want to get a lawyer already..
$170 isn't much? oh.. then i'm not as rich as u.. :p

PS: i don't mind u throwing $170 to me though.. :p

drumma said:
yah lar.. but not everyone is as rich as him ma.. because of $170, he would want to get a lawyer already..
$170 isn't much? oh.. then i'm not as rich as u.. :p

PS: i don't mind u throwing $170 to me though.. :p

/me change to coins then throw at you... dun siam hor... :devil:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tis guy... imho... just another troublemaker... if he really rich, y dun he get a new 1 instead? y buy a 2nd hand 1 den complain? and 170 isn't much imho... if i get tis... just throw lor... (i think somebody here might come & kick me about the 170 thingy now...)

Bro, money never a problem to me, its about integrity.

;) :)

Contradicting guy. Money is not a problem yet he did not get a new monitor. Obviously money is a problem with this fella as you can see he is doing all he can to get back the refund. I think surely he knows that upholding the "integrity" by suing the seller will cost more than $170.

The police logo in that police report looks dodgy. Check out the logo.

user12343 said:

though its buyer beware world,
but we do have the fair trade rule like the UK, right?

jude

think its more than a faulty monitor he has,
the red line does not look red to me,
faulty digi cam?

anyway,
how to prove his case?

jude

bigfatfish said:
Contradicting guy. Money is not a problem yet he did not get a new monitor. Obviously money is a problem with this fella as you can see he is doing all he can to get back the refund. I think surely he knows that upholding the "integrity" by suing the seller will cost more than $170.

Frankly, if money were not a problem, why would anyone pay $170 for a used 15" LCD panel these days?

:sweat: that guy is amazing.
lodge police report within 2hours after failing to contact the seller. lodge "international" complain on website within 3hours.

whoever that seller is, he muz have got a shock when he wakes up and on his phone this morning. who knows, could have been the seller went to bed early :bsmilie:

oh yeah, btw, there's a spelling error on the police report. "Afterwich" at line 4 of the report details :nono:
and.... wht does it mean by "I had met up with an unknown male chinese whom I had known from Hardware Zone... "???
so, does he know him or not? :bsmilie:

Had juz saw it.... Anyway, faking a police report with the intent to mislead and deceive is a chargeable criminal offence.

Waiting to see show and fireworks now. Upped it for him. ;)

hahaha.. very interesting.. of what these ppl at HWZ can come up with.. would love to see some fireworks and how it goes on too though.. kekkee..

Caveat emptor is not a rule of law - its an often used phrase which people throw around when deals go bad, saying that its the buyer's fault and that he has no recourse. Notwithstanding the fact that the buyer should be cautious, it may not always be 100% correct to say that the buyer has NO RECOURSE should a deal go bad - a lot depends on the situation and the facts of each case.

Why not say "caveat venditor" instead? Both are just latin sayings...

user12343 said:

it's not a rule/law, but it makes prudent sense to check that the items purchased is in good working order before money is handed over.

also, not all pple provide after-sales service from whatever they sell 2nd hand, so if a deal goes sour, and the seller cannot be contacted, the poor buyer just have to sit there and suck thumb....

vince123123 said:
Caveat emptor is not a rule of law - its an often used phrase which people throw around when deals go bad, saying that its the buyer's fault and that he has no recourse. Notwithstanding the fact that the buyer should be cautious, it may not always be 100% correct to say that the buyer has NO RECOURSE should a deal go bad - a lot depends on the situation and the facts of each case.

Why not say "caveat venditor" instead? Both are just latin sayings...

True true, most often what happens is that the amount is so small that even if you are in the right, it makes no sense to take up court proceedings on it. Sad but true.

I was only writing my first post in response to your post that there's a "slim chance" becuase of caveat emptor - by slim chance I had (whether correctly or incorrectly) assumed that you were referring to the previous post by Kah Heng commenting on the trickiness to prove in court. The success of any court case would not hinge solely on caveat emptor.

user12343 said:
it's not a rule/law, but it makes prudent sense to check that the items purchased is in good working order before money is handed over.

also, not all pple provide after-sales service from whatever they sell 2nd hand, so if a deal goes sour, and the seller cannot be contacted, the poor buyer just have to sit there and suck thumb....

Status
Not open for further replies.