BBMTL!!!

I am SUPER SAD!!!! Not that I dont like the black X-T1 hehehe...

dont worry, apart from the colour just take it that the super 3 layer paint coating thing is a marketing gimmick...

Fuji is releasing some very attractive gear. 40-150 f2.8 WR, X100T and 56 f1.2 APD. Kudos to them for continuing to put out high quality stuff!

I'm actually impressed by that Fujifilm's decision with the upcoming firmware. Despite the Graphite Silver X-T1 will arrive with all the goodies first, they didn't left us, the existing X-T1 users out! I'm really interested to see how the electronic shutter works along with the shutter speed dial.

As for the lenses, I'm kinda drawn to the 56mm. 2 different flavors, 2 types of people. I wonder which one is tastier for me hehehe...

I'm actually impressed by that Fujifilm's decision with the upcoming firmware. Despite the Graphite Silver X-T1 will arrive with all the goodies first, they didn't left us, the existing X-T1 users out! I'm really interested to see how the electronic shutter works along with the shutter speed dial. As for the lenses, I'm kinda drawn to the 56mm. 2 different flavors, 2 types of people. I wonder which one is tastier for me hehehe...

Hmm , I don't think the electronic shutter function is for existing X-T1 sets. On the X-T1
Spec page, it states that the electronic shutter is exclusive to the graphite edition , one the reasons making the the 'Deluxe' version.

The page is here at http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t1/specifications/

Hmm , I don't think the electronic shutter function is for existing X-T1 sets. On the X-T1
Spec page, it states that the electronic shutter is exclusive to the graphite edition , one the reasons making the the 'Deluxe' version.

The page is here at http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t1/specifications/

Will be in firmware update for black X-T1 planned in Dec.
http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n140910_02.html
* This functionality will be installed on the X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition from its launch. A firmware update planned for December, 2014 will install these features on the X-T1 Black. ** The Electronic Shutter may not be suitable for fast-moving objects. Flash can not be used.
*** This functionality will be installed via a firmware update planned for December, 2014, for both the X-T1 Black and the X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.

Yup like kel77 said, the function will comes to black X-T1 via firmware hehehe...

Need to google a little bit about this electronic shutter, about how it works. I'm kinda confused at the 1/32000 speed being not suitable for fast-moving object. There's always new thing to learn hahaha

Yup like kel77 said, the function will comes to black X-T1 via firmware hehehe...

Need to google a little bit about this electronic shutter, about how it works. I'm kinda confused at the 1/32000 speed being not suitable for fast-moving object. There's always new thing to learn hahaha

How amazing is Google?

"Instead of the physical shutter closing, opening, then closing again to control the exposure, the camera simply reads the data off the sensor, one row at a time, and writes that data to memory. The advantages are that it's silent, and there's no shutter induced vibration.

1. The drawbacks are actually quite a few. Because the data is read out one row at a time, as opposed to a mechanical shutter which acts on the whole sensor (more or less) at once, the actual exposure takes much longer, about 1/10th of a second between the readout of the first row and the last. That means the moving subjects have moved during that 1/10th of a second, so they get distorted in the image. For example, if the camera is still, and someone is running in front of the camera, from left to right. At the beginning of the exposure, they are in one location; at the end, they've moved further to the right. So the subject is sort of stretched, left to right, from top to bottom.

Also, electronic flashes have a duration of less than 1/1000th of a second. In some cases, much, much shorter. With a 1/10th second elapsed time, only part of the frame will be exposed by the flash.

Under some lighting conditions (primarily flourescent), there may be some banding. And ISO's are limited to no higher than 1600.

2. I believe you can use any shutter speed, or at least most of the range. How does this work when I said it takes 1/10th second to expose the whole frame? The shutter speed is the effective speed of each individual row, not the total for all rows. So a faster shutter speed will freeze motion for that row, but you still have the stretching effect described above. The holy grail of electronic shutters is the "global shutter," which will read out all rows at once. No one has yet produced a photo-quality sensor capable of this, however.

3. You can't use flash with electronic shutter, for the reason described above."

Copy and paste from other forum ;p

Thanks ahblack! :thumbsup:

Damn chio this Silver X-T1

It's very Chio, but hor... the graphite silver is a bit hard to match with existing silver lenses, be it chrome or whatever silver... So I guess only black lens to go with it... I kinda wish the new 56mm comes with the graphite silver too, making it something like LTD version with the body. I think the 56mm is popular enough for Fujifilm to do that. OR they can just "silverlize" one of the zoom lens (kit or the WR zoom). I hope we get the chance to see a demo set soon in Funan!!!

9qiu6v.jpg

Would bang??? Kekekeke...

P.S. these are photoshopped photos by me har... Not from Fujifilm...

Last edited:
Yalo...the 56 1.2 APD shld come with same color as the silver X-T1

Will be in firmware update for black X-T1 planned in Dec. http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n140910_02.html * This functionality will be installed on the X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition from its launch. A firmware update planned for December, 2014 will install these features on the X-T1 Black. ** The Electronic Shutter may not be suitable for fast-moving objects. Flash can not be used. *** This functionality will be installed via a firmware update planned for December, 2014, for both the X-T1 Black and the X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.

Good to know that ;)

It means it will be opportunity to improve e-shutter in the future x100u 😅

Good to know that ;)

Honestly, not that i am doubting the link provided, but the current X-T1 does NOT have an electronic shutter in the first place right? Only a mechanical one. So how can a firmware upgrade suddenly put in an electronic shutter?

Specs for X-T1
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t1/specifications/

Shutter speed
FUJIFILM X-T1(P mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/4000 sec.,
(All other modes) 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
Bulb (max. 60 min.)
Time 1/2 to 30 sec.
Synchronized shutter speed for flash : 1/180 sec. or slower

FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition
Mechanical Shutter
(P mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/4000 sec., (All other modes) 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
Bulb (max.60min.), Time 2 sec. to 30 sec.

Electronic Shutter*
1/4 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(P/A/S/M mode)
Bulb / Time 1 sec. fixed

Mechanical + Electronic Shutter*
(P mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/32000 sec., (All other modes) 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.
Bulb (max.60min.), Time 2 sec. to 30 sec.
Mechanical Shutter : Bulb - Mechanical Shutter limit
Electronic Shutter : Mechanical Shutter limit - 1/32000 * The Electronic Shutter may not be suitable for fast-moving objects. Flash can not be used.

As you can see only the X-T1 silver specs has electronic shutter, no? And since they updated the specs, if the orig X-T1 can also have the e-shutter @ 1/32000s after Dec's upgrade then they should have included in this specs sheet as well and mark it with another ***.

Anyway, hope the X-T1 silver will be not too much more exp than the black....

If the old XT1 can have 1/32000 via firmware upgrade doesn't that make the black XT1 better than the silver since it has mechanical shutter and can also reach 1/32000?

The silver XT1 has a mechnical shutter too. So they will be equal. The only thing the graphite edition has is a triple layer coating on the body. (And a rumored better evf performance for electronic shutter)

There's no such thing as an 'electronic shutter' per say. Its just the way the sensor is used. (What happens is that the sensors are 'flushed' to 0, allowed to read data for 1/32000 seconds, and the sensor values are read straight off. This is your 'electronic shutter'. Not all sensors can do it afaik (Able to flush to 0, read for X seconds, etc..) but it seems Fuji has planed this in advance.

Fuji has already said that the feature will come (See features marked with single star in http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n140910_02.html) so that means the sensors in the black XT1 is capable of doing the above.)

Sorry, am a novice to cameras. Correct me if I am wrong.

Does this mean the Silver XT1 and the Black XT1 share identical physical specs? Or the Silver XT1 has a superior chip and other improved physical features?