Battery pack for my 550ex

Status
Not open for further replies.
the other solution that i know of is.... quatum +1 packs~

Hi,
Quantum Turbo Z cost around 900++ including the module cable for 550ex. I'm using it, one hell of a power kit. But you still need the 4 extra AA batt for the flash unit. They stop production already, now it's turbo 2 + 2 model.

I have a Quantum 1+ with module cable MKZ2 for 550ex flash for sale at $380. Still mint condition, those who bought from me never regrets.

If you are interested, can call me at 98801405

I know can get the spec from web, but lazy lah.

Which set up will give faster refreash rate? CP-E2 or Quantum 1+?

Which set up is heavier?

Thanks.

Quantum 1+ should refresh faster but is heavier. There's also the 8 battery CP-E3 which perform faster than the CP-E2. Advantages of the CP-E2 and CP-E3 is if you ever run out of battery juice, you could replace with a set of cheap AAs.

So if compare CP-E3 & Quantum 1+, which will recharge faster?

Which is heavier?

Thanks

not too sure abt the performance. but pricewise, the CP-E3, costs ~$260 and perform good enough for me for fashion shows and weddings. CP-E3 is not much heavier than the CP-E2 (2 more battery compartment+2 more batteries).

not too sure whether there's any protection circuitry. have a friend who DIY and blown his flash (Nikon), while I was bursting much longer and it seemed fine.

mpenza said:
not too sure whether there's any protection circuitry. have a friend who DIY and blown his flash (Nikon), while I was bursting much longer and it seemed fine.

That's coz i was bursting at nearly full power to get enough light at 500mm f8 from one end of B2 Taka to the other without flash extender, once dump ever 2 seconds lar. :D
But i suspect the low voltage DC input cannot take such electrical loads compared to a HV input of a Canon/Nikon/Quantum pack, which would be much more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.