battery for G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
Can G2 use AA batteries? How about G1? Thanks.

No. G2 uses proprietory batteries. The BP-511 7.4V 1100mAh (Li-ion type)

Any idea what the price is for one? Are the 3rd party ones any good?

Originally posted by cyaw
Any idea what the price is for one? Are the 3rd party ones any good?

I got one third party at ~$50 from NAB NAB at SLS. Seems okay to me, been using it as the 'main' battery nowadays. Thought it seems to last longer than the original.

Originally posted by foxfire

I got one third party at ~$50 from NAB NAB at SLS. Seems okay to me, been using it as the 'main' battery nowadays. Thought it seems to last longer than the original.

usually you will get quote for $50 for 1 at NAB NAB ...

ask for 2 for $80 , they will sell them to you ..

Hmmm, how come the original one costs 2x the amount of a 3rd party?

Originally posted by lefei

becos they are original...

How about this...

"Original price is the standard price. It is not that original is more expensive, but the third party is half price cheaper. If third party price is as high as the original, who's going to buy third party?"

hey, i've got 2 replies for the OEM G2 battery thingie already. maybe the more people join in, the cheaper we can get it? something like a mini-MO like that. anyone else interested?

hi

i juz bought a cheong battery from Nab Nab and guess what...it onli cost me $42. I thought of getting 2 for $80 but I guess i onli need one at the moment. For $42...i think we need not have to get mass orders lah...

Pls excuse my ignorance, but what's NAB NAB? I want to get one too. Is it risky to use 3rd party batteries and what exactly is the brand/model?

Hi

The battery really works much better than the original one. It's on the 2nd floor of Sim Lim Sq. When you go up the escalator, look to the left forward and you will see NAB NAB!

Don't need to run cos the ppl there will not NAB u for buying cheong battery.

:gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

Thanks for the info. Bought the G2 battery today from NAB NAB. Bargained till $40 coz thought i read someone bought it for $38! ;p
Have not used battery yet. Contact points look dirty but battery (supposed to be the last piece) worked fine during test in shop. Front and back pixs of box are below. Bottom left pix shows the third party battery and bottom right shows the Canon one. Note voltage difference.

showthread.php

i actually went to NAB NAB yesterday together with anthony and wai to get the OEM BP-511 but the shopkeeper was totally 'XXX'. refused to budge after quoting S$40+, saying that we can't get a better price anywhere else in sls. HA!

we actually got our OEM BP-511's at Alan photo on the first floor for S$36 each. we got 3 pieces in total. the gold contacts look very clean and shiny. doesn't look like it's been put into a camera before. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.