Banding in E series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
puny said:
The Nikonians are talking about banding appears on enlarge photos with D200. Any idea can this happen on the E DSLRs? Probably have to take a few thousands shots - just like them, before able to find one.

http://www.dphotojournal.com/nikon-d200-banding-issues-faqs/

actually if u go to other forums besides the more popular ones, u will read about users having this problem straight from the box, no need to wait for a few thousand shots. many have reported that they dun even need to boost anything & its very prominent in ISO as low as 200.

if Nikon can issue a notice like this, i dun think they do it for fun or juz to tame down the so called over-hyped issue. i trust Nikon in this aspect than other popular forums' illusions. many have either returned their set for a new one or sent in for service. i also read that its not 100% serviceable, juz not noticeable. some said they still see it after service but with a large boost in the image, which u normally dun do for printing.

so far, Oly E sys has been pretty consistent with their product & image quality. the banding issue can happen to any brand any model, so i wudn't say its not going to occur in the future for Oly. also lesson learned, never buy first batch of electronics products.

hope this ans ur question. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.