ballhead screw size

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog

Feb 13, 2002
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
do ballhead screws have diff size standards? my ballhead cant fit on my cheapo tripod.

ballhead.jpg

1cm diameter

Yes there is 2 diff size for mount on to tripod.

1) 1/4-20 (silk)
2) 3/8 (benro)

if the QR plate can be screw onto your ballhead that is use to mount the tripod is a 1/4-20 size. Can buy adopter to convert to 3/8 and mount on the tripod.

This simple 3/8" to 1/4"-20 Tripod Reducer Bushing allows cameras or tripod heads which have a 3/8" threaded socket to be attached to devices that have a 1/4"-20 threaded screw.

503797.jpg

Go to any photo stores that sell tripods, they should be able to sell you one.

Good advice paesyl and CS TAN. :thumbsup:
I learn something new everyday from this site.

THe problem comes when you're trying to fit a 3/8 male into a 1/4 female hehe :p There's an ugly looking convertor for that.

can any kind soul advise on the price of the Tripod Reducer Bushing? Appreciate the help. :)

TS: what kinda cheapo tripod u have? most come with both sizes. on my tripod i can unscrew the mount and turn it around. it is 3/8" on one end and 1/4" on the other.

sorry guys...

i didn't wish to start a new thread tackling almost the same thing.

i dug out this thread because i need to get that 3/8" to 1/4" Tripod Reducer Bushing, as i bought a 2nd hand tripod head that can't fit. It's my fault lah.

so i was thinking if anyone would know where to buy and how much? so that hopefully i don't have to goto a few places to search for it and kanna chop for that small metal thing.

sorry guys...

i didn't wish to start a new thread tackling almost the same thing.

i dug out this thread because i need to get that 3/8" to 1/4" Tripod Reducer Bushing, as i bought a 2nd hand tripod head that can't fit. It's my fault lah.

so i was thinking if anyone would know where to buy and how much? so that hopefully i don't have to goto a few places to search for it and kanna chop for that small metal thing.
I can source for u 1piece if u don't mind.

Wow, thread necromancy your own thread! Have you got the darn thing yet?

Benro is a tripod that copy gitzo,so I think it copy all,if that so,unscrew the holding plate,the mounting screw can be remove,one end is 1/4" , the other end is 3/8",just put the one you need and screw back the plate,the screw is a 3/8 screw.

Status
Not open for further replies.