found out the model ...its manfrotto 468RC

here are 3 choices:-
1) Manfrotto 468RC
2) gitzo1127 rationelle (panning)
3) FOBA mini superball

which one will u guys choose and y?

stand is gitzo 1128

please advice leh :)

Gitzo 1127 is the tripod stand.. same as 1128 but got 3 section leg instead of 4

dudes,
me not very good at this but after reading this thread, me got 1 question....

u mean the ball head and the tripod body are sold separately?
coz u guys really talk like so...

ckiang, can tell me the exact model/setup of yours? me looking for something around ~200 and yours sound good...

thanks all...

Originally posted by EiRiK
dudes,

ckiang, can tell me the exact model/setup of yours? me looking for something around ~200 and yours sound good...

thanks all...

yap..

Each sold separately..
* Battery not included* :D

There is some model that came as a unit though.. mainly is silk model

hey man,why not manfrotto 308RC??got a bigger ball mah,better locking also.;)

hi,

i am using the foba with a 1128.

very nice and light head...and VERY tight when locked.

fren of mone got a velbon (something - forgot model) from his HK trip...its even lighter.

if u dun mind the size and weight, u might want to try out Slik Pro 800. Tested on F80+MB16+SB28+Sigma 50~500. Nice and stable. Btw, I'm using Manfrotto 055 tripod.

Manfrotto 468RC2 quite a good ballhead. Tested Gitzo G1172L on Nikon F100/D100 with 80-200 mm, 80-400mm VR and Sigma 50-500mm and it's handle quite steady. It not very expensive too.

Originally posted by pcman
Manfrotto 468RC2 quite a good ballhead. Tested Gitzo G1172L on Nikon F100/D100 with 80-200 mm, 80-400mm VR and Sigma 50-500mm and it's handle quite steady. It not very expensive too.

Just wondering how much is 468RC2?

Is it the same as 486RC2? which cost around $80. :)

Sorry, my mistake. It 's Manfrotto 484RC2 S$80.00.

Originally posted by taker
Just wondering how much is 468RC2?

Is it the same as 486RC2? which cost around $80. :)

Originally posted by Viewfinder
if u dun mind the size and weight, u might want to try out Slik Pro 800. Tested on F80+MB16+SB28+Sigma 50~500. Nice and stable. Btw, I'm using Manfrotto 055 tripod.

err some corrections here... the ballhead will still creep if the camera is titled to 45 degrees to shoot the sky... under normal circumstances the ballhead will hold. this is probably as heavy as you will go unless u are using big zoom prime lens but then again if u could afford big zooms, what is an arca swiss

Go to CP at peninsular. In the tripod shop there is a gentleman called Christopher Wong. He is very friendly and insightful. He is also a photographer not JUST a sales person in a camera shop.

If you tell him your current equipment, future purchases and budget, I'm sure he would be able to recommend a good combination of ball head and tripod.

As for scrimping on the ballhead i don't think that it is a wise decision. I believe most photographers would tell you that a cheaper but sturdy tripod and a good ball head is a much investment than a great and expensive tripod and a average or cheap ball head.

Guys correct me if I'm wrong here.

I do not know how well you know him, but if you going to ask Christopher which ballhead he will buy and he will give you the ARCA-SWISS. And let him explained to you the reason.

Originally posted by PaulSeow
Go to CP at peninsular. In the tripod shop there is a gentleman called Christopher Wong. He is very friendly and insightful. He is also a photographer not JUST a sales person in a camera shop.

If you tell him your current equipment, future purchases and budget, I'm sure he would be able to recommend a good combination of ball head and tripod.

As for scrimping on the ballhead i don't think that it is a wise decision. I believe most photographers would tell you that a cheaper but sturdy tripod and a good ball head is a much investment than a great and expensive tripod and a average or cheap ball head.

Guys correct me if I'm wrong here.

Originally posted by EiRiK
dudes,

thanks all...

I am using Manfrotto 190 Pro B + 352RC head. Slightly over $200.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.