Ball Head Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do note the ATUB v1's design means that you will not be able to tilt in one particular direction, depending on the relative orientation of the ballhead.

I personally feel that Gitzo off centre ball head is very interesting, it able to provide all sort of difference angle and direction.

only setback is loading weight. max only 14kg which cost much more then markins Q3.

I personally feel that Gitzo off centre ball head is very interesting, it able to provide all sort of difference angle and direction.

only setback is loading weight. max only 14kg which cost much more then markins Q3.

Assuming you take off 10% of the loading capacity as an insurance. You can still load more than 10kg on it. That's good enough for a large format field camera. How much were you expecting??

Assuming you take off 10% of the loading capacity as an insurance. You can still load more than 10kg on it. That's good enough for a large format field camera. How much were you expecting??

understand... I believe there is a lot of user here who brought markins Q3, M10 or M20 dun expect their gear to weight up to 20 or 30KG on DSLR or even Large format.

But I must say I like the concept of off-center Ballhead.

for me, the more the merrier!!! haha

hi im using a benro b-0 (their new series ballhead). seems to be of good build, and very nice to use - have friction control (with 1to12 graded markings), and placement of main tightening screw very convenient (and screw very big, nice to turn). got panning also, with angles marked out.

the b-o can take up to 8kg, retails for less than sgd200 at benphoto. quite a gd deal actually. plate mount is the arca-swiss mount so can buy alot of other plates that are compatible if you want.

quite satisfied with my ballhead so far.

do not be coerced into buying the older series like 'kb' or 'ks', the build is horrendous.
but the "b" series listed in their new catalogue. catalogue available at shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.