Bali Critters - Sep 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

siaoon

Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Nudibranch
More shots taken in tumlabeh, and lots more in seraya.
*sorry some shots are not well taken.. juz wanna to share the finding..and do some IDing hee... Please correct me if my current ID are wrong..

Chromodoris Collingwoodi
sep06ChromodorisCollingwoodi03-vi.jpg

Chromodoris Hintuanensis
sep06ChromodorisHintuanensis01-vi.jpg

Jorunna rubescens *thanks to cat64fish for the ID..
balisep06NudibranchSp01-vi.jpg

Unknown. Seems like a hypselodoris.. anyone can confirm that?
balisep06HypselodorisSp01-vi.jpg

Seahorses and Family

Thorny Seahorse - Wide Angle Attempt
balisep06ThornySeahorse05-vi.jpg

Ornate Ghost PipeFish - Wide Angle Attempt *thanks to scoobakev for the alert. hee.. blur me.. name it wrongly.
balisep06RobustGhostPipefish01-vi.jpg

Ornate Ghost PipeFish - Attempt 02
balisep06RobustGhostPipefish02-vi.jpg

Hippcampus Denise - Side Profile
balisep06HippocampusDenise-vi.jpg

Hippcampus Denise - "GOD OF GAMBLER" POSE
balisep06HippocampusDenise02-vi.jpg

OTHERS

Egg Cowry - Flamingo Tongue
balisep06FlamingoTongue01-vi.jpg

A Predator In Action..
balisep06HalequinShrimp01-vi.jpg

balisep06HalequinShrimp03-vi.jpg

balisep06HalequinShrimp04-vi.jpg

balisep06HalequinShrimp06-vi.jpg

The weird nudi is Jorunna rubescens (formerly Kentrodoris rubescens). It is apparently "rare" although I heard divers in Bali seen it often.

Damned nice pics .. especially the pygmy seahorse.

Cheers, Jeff

Well done Siao On... makes me really miss being in the water.

BTW, I think the 2 Ghost Pipefish you've shot are of the Harlequin, and not Robust species.

The weird nudi is Jorunna rubescens (formerly Kentrodoris rubescens). It is apparently "rare" although I heard divers in Bali seen it often.

Damned nice pics .. especially the pygmy seahorse.

Cheers, Jeff

I think Jeff is right about the id of the 3rd nudi but my book have it with a slightly diff colour and still with the old name of Kentrodoris rubescens. the forth nudi could be three lined pectenodoris (Pectenodoris trilineata).

Very nice photos. Good sequence of harlequin shrimp in action. Are these taken with internal flash only?

How do you find the wide angle lens (Wcon-07C)? Still not quite wide enough, right?

thanks for the ID bro! yup.. all pics taken w internal flash :(
and thanks for the WA lens. hmm.. kinda didnt put it into gd use.. coz of my little lousy strobe.. hence only did video with it..
owe u a treat bro! ;p
let me know whens a gd time to pass them back to ya? ;p

I really like the cowry shot. Nice!

Harlequin crab! Lucky you! The colours look like they are a little off, need more light or some more post-processing?

I really like the cowry shot. Nice!

Harlequin crab! Lucky you! The colours look like they are a little off, need more light or some more post-processing?

harlequin shrimp u mean? hee.. all thanks to the eagle eyed DM, Kumon from Baliocean.
Ya.. to me.. they seems a bit off.. probably not enuff lighting.. and i didnt do custom white balance.. for these "white" subject when using internal flash.. sob sob..

Aiyah! :confused:

Yeah, i meant shrimp!!

Yeah the dive guide makes sooooo much of a difference. The dive guides i had at Lembeh Resort were really really first class man!!

Eudon

I think Jeff is right about the id of the 3rd nudi but my book have it with a slightly diff colour and still with the old name of Kentrodoris rubescens. the forth nudi could be three lined pectenodoris (Pectenodoris trilineata).

Very nice photos. Good sequence of harlequin shrimp in action. Are these taken with internal flash only?

How do you find the wide angle lens (Wcon-07C)? Still not quite wide enough, right?

think seewhy also spotted the forth nudi in our waters....seewhy dun mind, i put the link to your album...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/seewhy71/detail?.dir=9cb4&.dnm=c088.jpg&.src=ph

;p

think seewhy also spotted the forth nudi in our waters....seewhy dun mind, i put the link to your album...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/seewhy71/detail?.dir=9cb4&.dnm=c088.jpg&.src=ph

;p

No problem for me as long as siaoon don't mind the gatecrash. ;)

Can bring more people to my photo and the other photos of animals and plants from Singapore water. :D

Siaoon, you already did very well with the internal flash only. Make me feel incompetent that I cannot get photos to your standard with a strobe.

Great pictures Siao On.
U need another trip back for more.
We call it "Repeat Offenders"@TWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.