Bagman camera insert + Timbuk2 Communter messenger bag for Pentax kit

Brianskivvy

Dec 22, 2009
Hi guys, as per my previous posts in another thread, I mentioned that I've gotten the bagman camera insert recently at their showroom in Ubi. The reason for the purchase is because I wanted to use my old timbuk2 laptop bag to carry my camera and lens around. This is a brief demonstration of what I can fit in the insert:

1. What I can fit in the insert:
K-x w/ DA35
DAL 55-300
Sigma 10-20
A50
KX w/ M50
2 sets of batteries
lenspen
slim filter holder
3 square filters (sorry just arrive from ebay today, no case)
1 filter box
remote control
rocket blower
4834374398_9db21e3a05_b.jpg

2. Everything in the insert:
4834374048_4b2443e8f9_b.jpg

3. Front view of the fully-loaded insert
4834373334_dc9f1df34c_b.jpg

4. What I can fit in the Timbuk2 communter:
4833763257_c458ca00e1_b.jpg

5. Accessing the camera:
4833762927_efe78e02a0_b.jpg

6. Snapshot of the bag
4833762525_9e3651a132_b.jpg

I am glad that I am able to find this insert and at the same time the tripod that my friends bought for me for my birthday is a godsend as I can squeeze in into the bottom of the bag. However with this setup I doubt I can go out to shoot for long as the weight load is very taxing on the shoulder.

I am also able to use this insert for my backpack which is more ideal for longer shoot but quick access is out of the question.

You can google for bagman website for directions to the showroom, I was told that Best Denki carries their products so maybe it's more convenient for our fellow Pentaxian.

Hope this helps any newbies who do not want to spend a fortune on bags so that they can get to their first LBA milestone the soonest possible.

Cheers

Last edited:
very very nice ! you gave a demo the first time we met. and these a very well built inserts. definitely better than the ones you get from OP.

very very nice ! you gave a demo the first time we met. and these a very well built inserts. definitely better than the ones you get from OP.

Huh did I? I can't remember I owned a dslr back to our times at Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School!

Just kidding Jeremy :)

haha ! you got me there ! the first time we met as pentaxians i mean :p

anw, those thinking of converting your crumpler/timbuk2 or any other messenger bags into a camera bag as well. do consider bagman's inserts. solid built, and excellent quality finish.

great stuff !

:thumbsup:

I think the only thing you never stuff it in is your dry cabinet :bsmilie:

and i can forsee that the inserts will be sold out soon

I think the insert is really versatile. They actually made this insert specially for their crumpler copy messenger. So anyone using the crumpler non-camera messenger bag can consider this insert.

Although I nv liked bagman's originality but the functionality of this insert is really :thumbsup:

Looks good, how much are the inserts?

From you pic 2 top view, without looking carefully, i will had assume it is a bag on its on!

Really looks cushy and good quality!

Looks good, how much are the inserts?

Hi, I think it was retailing at $35 but if you head down to the showroom like me, you can get it much cheaper.

From you pic 2 top view, without looking carefully, i will had assume it is a bag on its on!

Really looks cushy and good quality!

Yeah, I actually removed one more layer of padding at the back cos I want to stuff as much as possible in it.

crumpler has the bucket insert also, which I have but lent my friend. Can use with any messenger bag.

Good insert ... think i should get 1 too :)

nice :thumbsup:

btw, I'm also using the same set-up :lovegrin:

4834176763_6bfc0d73c6.jpg

am i seeing 3 lenses rubbing each other in the bag?

am i seeing 3 lenses rubbing each other in the bag?

Yup it is slightly overfilled already. In ideal case, if my sigma 10-20 is mounted to my K-x, with the DA35 in place of it, the lens would not touch each other at all. Tentatively, I can shift the individual inserts in a better manner to avoid this as well as some inserts are higher.

Nice review Brian. :thumbsup:
Was thinking of getting a bag for K-X + Tamron 17-50, FA28, FA50/DA40 and a 10" netbook. :think:
Any recommendation? :)

Nice review Brian. :thumbsup:
Was thinking of getting a bag for K-X + Tamron 17-50, FA28, FA50/DA40 and a 10" netbook. :think:
Any recommendation? :)
wat u need is my bag.. vanguard up-rise 28
just nice for 1 body with 1 lense mounted, 2 lenses and a netbook
and a whole lot of pockets for u to put filters and stuff

I have abit of an O-T question. Where can I get the casing that you're using to store the batteries? I have 2 sets of spares which I keep loose and i keep losing track of which are depleted and which are charged.

I have abit of an O-T question. Where can I get the casing that you're using to store the batteries? I have 2 sets of spares which I keep loose and i keep losing track of which are depleted and which are charged.

SLS...