Bag for DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

any recommendations for a bag for a DSLR (D50), 2-3 lenses, flash, 1 spare batt. and some other small items. ;p

Budget, not more than $100? Eh... is that possible? :dunno:

customize your own better. or the domke clone that is being sold in Buy and Sell is also good.

Here's a good website for camera bag reviews... Hope it helps... :)

I have about the same setup as you and is using a Lowepro Orion Trekker most of the time... like it cuz it's a backpack and can pack some other misc stuff in it too...

www.cambags.com

kevyan said:
Hi all,

any recommendations for a bag for a DSLR (D50), 2-3 lenses, flash, 1 spare batt. and some other small items. ;p

Budget, not more than $100? Eh... is that possible? :dunno:

Didn't you get that free bag when you bought your D50? I thought that was a pretty good bag for what you intend to carry?

depends on what lenses u have lah. 50/1.8 and 300/2.8 would require very different bags!!! u should bring down ur gear to try at the shops, e.g. Cathay Photo.

mpenza said:
depends on what lenses u have lah. 50/1.8 and 300/2.8 would require very different bags!!! u should bring down ur gear to try at the shops, e.g. Cathay Photo.

Eh.... I have the kit lens... 18-55mm, 50mm and intending to buy the 55-200mm and either the SB600 or SB800.

Currently, I am using the Lowepro Stealth Reporter 100w... a bit cramp.

Depends on what you like, back pack or sling/messenger type.

I totally agree with the rest to get inserts and use them on an existing bag you own and you are comfortable with.

2nd hand is a very good option as well, if you want cheap, you can get the Lowepro Nova 3 AW. It should go for about $40 in B&S (it costs about $56 new) and it can easily fit what you have and intend to get. Key thing to note when getting from B&S, know the price the things are selling for in the shops, some sellers have a very deluded view on the value of their 2nd hand goods. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.