Bad signs at a happy occasion? 26th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
On January 26th two significant events will happen.:
1. The end of the rat year and in comes the Ox year.

it always rat 1st, ox 2nd , tiger 3rd mah.......

unless the ox eat wrong stuff, lao sai, then donkey take over.

The bank - Fannie and Mae....

oic, then the fault is us being greedy loh.

about bubbles bursting its oni a matter of time. just because the telltale signs cannot be concretely proven doesn't mean all's good. cos when it does, death is already at ur doorstep! :devil:

As my horoscope goes... I am a T!GER. Tiger on a bike. :devil:

51CMHJRGXDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

oic, then the fault is us being greedy loh.

about bubbles bursting its oni a matter of time. just because the telltale signs cannot be concretely proven doesn't mean all's good. cos when it does, death is already at ur doorstep! :devil:

So the partial eclipse heralds in more bad times and the full eclipse (in July) will signify the bottom?

So the partial eclipse heralds in more bad times and the full eclipse (in July) will signify the bottom?

u & ur galfriends need to sing louder to chase the monsters away! make that a singing marathon!!! :bsmilie:

we haven't hit rock bottom yet....massive job losses are on the way, starting again with the US.

but then again, i'm a pessimist.

Market is only as bad as greedy corporation want it to be bad and right now..my suspicion is everyone greedy bad doer corporations want it to remain bad for a while. Who controls the media in every country? Locally too. What is the advantage? Look at what's happening around the world. Everyone is threatening to let off alot of workers if they don't get a handout. Everyone that has screw the company up by false declaration of profit and hiding bad reports from shareholders and public or not following good banking and investment practices. This is not a recession that was done in by everyone one top to bottom. This one....we got screw by greedy people in the top 1% who just keep wanting more and more. And not being so big with so much employees to let off...they are holding govt's hostage and use their get out of jail free card to hammer them for a handout.

And others are still going to stating it is bad for another how many donkey years to come..blah blah blah.. why not? Scare tactic.. Just like what you saw was use to con the world into going with the idea that there are WMD in Iraq. Every govt that went with it...went with it and when found not to be true...try to so a political spin on it and let the matter fall away...quietly in a way. When it is plainly BS and Telling Lies and Cheating. But you never see anyone using those terms to call out USA about it. It is about political. So this one is no difference. If I want to hold an election soon ... scare tactic like this will make sense so you get people to vote for you...this is not the time to gamble with trying to vote in a opposition party for example. If you look hard enough you will see have a recession and spreading bad news has alot of gains to be made by people in the very top of corporation and govts.

I am a layman but this is how I read into it. 2010??!! That is alot of BS. The same people that caused it and the one telling you it will take that long while they are sipping tequila sunrise by their private pool and fly about in their private jets while their own company is trying to get handout approve at congress.

Good year or bad year(s) we have to take it as it come, form our own mindset, know out own strengths and weaknesses and explore and .....yes.. exploit the system this baddies ( in corps/govts) has setup to survive.

IT is not about whether you are a cow or sheep. Even if you are not one...as an independent it is hard not to be suck or pulled along the same direction. How many people can you change just so you can get out of it and be your own destiny. You can but it will mean taking very radical and maybe some path that has yet to come to mind. But leaving it all to faith or some hocus pocus to pull you out..that is crazy man. Fine have .... nothing wrong with alittle indulgence but keep your feets on the ground 90% of the time and do something about.

if not greedy den we're not afraid of ill wind. but thatz a problem that is as old as civilisation itself... :rolleyes:

This one....we got screw by greedy people in the top 1% who just keep wanting more and more. And not being so big with so much employees to let off...they are holding govt's hostage and use their get out of jail free card to hammer them for a handout.
It's sad - but that's how the top stay on top. Empires rise and empires fall. But the super rich stay super rich.....

And others are still going to stating it is bad for another how many donkey years to come..blah blah blah.. why not? Scare tactic.. Just like what you saw was use to con the world into going with the idea that there are WMD in Iraq. Every govt that went with it...went with it and when found not to be true...try to so a political spin on it and let the matter fall away...quietly in a way. When it is plainly BS and Telling Lies and Cheating. But you never see anyone using those terms to call out USA about it. It is about political.......
....and do ya see Obama following the same suit? Or will he be able to clean up?

dun worri... Sg only partial...

dragon wan to devour the Rat... but suddenly rat becomes Ox... kenna stuck in Dragon's throat wif horns poking through dragon's nose... so no choice but to spit Ox out... Ox safe. :cool:

power analogy!! :thumbsup::bsmilie:

It's sad - but that's how the top stay on top. Empires rise and empires fall. But the super rich stay super rich.....

....and do ya see Obama following the same suit? Or will he be able to clean up?

Not in the short run. It is not his fault. He inherited the dodo from Bush. The roots are so deep after so long .... how can US just pull out? Not without a blood bath. The two main islamic fundamental groups are not going to be friends with each other in Iraq. Iran on the side along with a few other neighbouring countries are eyeing the oil. Irag is sitting on 30% of the oil to come out of middle east. It's not just US is looking at that oil all these time...alot are.

The US people are tired and all they want is to get all their sons and daughters out... they are too tired of the whole media circus all these days. So the so call "surge" and the so called victory and death of Saddam is wearing thin. So even if there is a blood bath..they just don't want it to be from another American soldier.

So can he get the total redrawal? no way. To be diplomatic and not risk a blood bath that might taint his chance for a second term...he will dance around it and yes I am sure he will have to try to be seen doing something about it. He is trying to divert attention back to Afghanistan...and that mean adding troops not taking back. Historical, the middle east is a hot bed of religious problems and what have you. Once you dip your hand into it...you are part of it like it or not. Terrorism is here to stay. Once time was just confine to just the middle east..but it has broken containment..it is now world wide. It is totally out of control...so what you want to do now? What is Obama going to do? It is not just about him but how about the other countries and govt agencies? Pandora Box is open.

It will take not oly a clever but a very brave man to control the situation now. It is not a role for the meek. That is the only way. It is not about us, the people of the world to stop this as we are the the one with the fanatical bent. And even those who can, they are not going to as it will mean ripping into their own belief system too. Just look at it this way, some dutch press make some caricature of the prophet..and what happens? Millions of dollar in damage to building..etc and what was it?...50 people would killed over it. And even the not extreme religious zealots was up in arms. But when the 911 took place .... and when it was found it was done by some radical islamic group...notice how quiet it was with the outcry. Their belief system was put in jeopardyb worst then the caricature...but how much protest, burning of building or people was killed? Nada!!!. Zip. Zero. I can name you even more example but you get the picture. In any case this is not something exclusive to islamic extremist.. it happens with other popular religious groups too. Google it. Open the mind.

So....can Obama really save the day? No...not even with two terms in office but I think he would be able to come up with better ways to contain the situation I would think but as I say he has to make very realistic and very unpopular decision to get that to happen. It will involve blood spilling. Well that is how I see it lah.

How you think Saddam managed to keep control over everyone in Iraq. It is with an iron fist. We might hate him for it but the problem was contained within his own country. Sure he has wars with his neighbours every so often but that is historical. So when you take him out of the picture...all the problems he bottle up comes out to the front. The USA and world use humanitarian methods to solve their problems. Sure it help to keep the GOOD citizen to see others using humane means to solve problem but the radical are not.. they are still using violent and religion to get their way. How you want to kill that if you don't want to fight fire with fire? Complicated and alot of headache over there.

AND it is with all these distraction with the war on terrorism that everyone in the US while caught with their pants down when they found out their own corporations are deceiving them and rack in too much money for themselves, banking regulations are not followed, false declaration of earning...etc. The list is still continuing to come forth and spread out to the rest of the worst where it effect other greedy corporations and CEOs. And...here we are today....heheh...

Last edited:
Contrary to popular mindset that when the Lunar New Year begins, that is when the next celestial animal takes over. In actual fact, the Ox will only take office on the 4th of February. The 26th is when he is elected to take over. This year is the Jade Ox that has been elected to take office. Seems the rest of the bulls dun want to.

One of my favourite all time movies, Wall Street has this speech. Taken from http://www.americanrhetoric.com, the speech was given by Michael Douglas's character Gordon Gekko. In his speech he says to shareholders," The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.
Greed is right.
Greed works.
Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.
And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA".

The sad fact here is that humans have been and always will be greedy. The lust for money, power or even knowledge in this world have become so weighted that we are always fighting in more ways than one, be it with others, amongst friends or within ourselves. Having worked in the financial sector for close to three years, sad to say, there is a disillusioned view of what many young grads have of the sector as high flying, high pay and a jet-setting life. The sad news is you have to sell your soul to the devil to get these. I have not stepped into that path yet, but I know one day I will and it will be sooner than later.

For the year 2009, from where I stand, when the next President of the US takes over, he needs to get into action of what he proposed within 90 days of taking office. What he has proposed he will do during his campaign run, he must put into action within 90 days. In this case, I am not saying with this action plan in place in 90 days, a recovery is instant. The problem with economic indicators is that it is always a lagging indicator. As such, by his action plan, if hopefully, swiftly implemented by the mid of the third qtr of 2009, we should see some signs of a recovery. Not big enough to trigger confidence, but modest enough to get people back on their feet to a certain extent.

Companies will let more workers go, esp in manufacturing since FY 2008 figures for a lot of them are very bad. That being the case, companies will undergo major changes to revamp their entire operations and get their books in order. Still, I am looking at the third qtr for some indication of recovery in GDP.

As for V shape recovery, I dun think so. It is unlikely for that to happen by 2010. A U shape one is on the cards, and the base may be shorter than what people have predicted. Then again, Economics is not an exact science. So just hang in there.

As they said, if life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

Status
Not open for further replies.