Bad Experience with Orient Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading it a second time and I have nothing to say but quote the following paragraph.

By this time both of us told the saleman that we'll come back with the cash. But instead we walk out of the stupid shop and went back to office. Let them loose a customer today.

I would wanna think it was a Non-Sale right from walk-in...

Just a bad-rap tale..

:think:

OP quotes a lower price if u pay by cold hard cash.
I think they have quoted u with a price meant for cash payment.

It is all a misunderstanding.

I would had gladly walked down the stairs instead of taking the lifts or escalators just to purchase something cheaper i would think i can bargain for. Anyway, it might be a 5 mins walk versus a $5 saving... Looking at the ratio, walking down would definitely make more sense! Regarding the service, i have only praises to sing for them... Pop down OP a few days ago with my gf, went into the shop and the sales-person was very warm to me. And after leaving the shop, my gf actually said this shop service was great. I, myself felt the same too. They were willing to help you figure out things they might not know how. Being not afraid of embrassement, they would ask ppl on how a certain device would work, and teach you on the spot as they learn. Something very rare in Singapore Society. The walk down to the nearest ATM would actually "pay" for the service and lower price.

This is a stupid thread.

It is not as if the people at OP are trying to cheat anybody. If OP can provide good low prices like those we get from Hong Kong, does it matter by paying $5 more? The cost of transportation to another place or a few other places to buy the same item would probably cost another $5 or more. The cost to buy an item from another place would probably cost more than $5. Ever heard of penny wise pound foolish? Take a little, give a little.

Went to OP last week after reading so much raving praise about them. Certain items and brands are well priced, maybe a little cheaper than authorized distributor sets but turns out they're grey imports and warranty is in-shop only. I've seen too many cheap 'in shop warranty' deals turn sour when the shop suddenly goes bust one day. Heh...talk about penny wise pound foolish. No point trying to save $20 on a $500 product only to end up spending $200 at the service centre later.

I would very much rather spend a little more for proper local warranty. Besides I prefer to support bonafide local businesses, at least the money rolls into domestic pockets not flow out of the country.

Well nuff said...like i started the old thread on OP....the decision is still up to the consumer.... if you think good service is hard to get nowadays and don't mind the GREY stuff they bring in then OP is still one of the BEST shop around.....:thumbsup: :

I vote this the most ridiculous complaint so far.

I only have encountered 80,000 companies which will give good prices if you pay by cash instead of NETS or credit card.

Bad service and UNREASONABLE customer is another thing altogether. And don't bother flaming me, I'm not going to check this thread any longer, waste of my time; thought there was a serious problem.

Business very hard to do now.:(
Want the cheapest and top notch services when rentals and taxes are increasing everywhere.:(

well wat i can say is that if u want all tis charges to be waived, pay at RCP. if low price, i tink it is onli fair to pay a bit more. pp also doing biz. :)

If now NETS needs to pay extra, soon banks will charge you for withdrawal from ATM :bsmilie:

No joke, I know few banks in Japan did it, if you withdraw money after office hour

Accompanied my friend to the abovementioned shop in SLS 2hrs ago to purchase a Nikon 35mm f/2D lens (in-house warranty)...quote]

in house warranty?? means grey set?? You want to save the couple of bucks getting in house warranty, knowing what "in house" entails??

I dont really see an issue, we all know the shop gives relatively good prices, no doubt that they will have to try save/squeeze abit more out of here and there...

It is not a very big issue such as integrity issues, such as many of the stores in SLS and their repeated tricks.

If a big store like CP, MS or even courts, HM makes such demand then there probably will be reason to complain as the higher price charged by them pays for customer service, which includes convenience in mode of payment.

What really pissed me off, was some time ago when a store in a food court rejected 2X 5cents in my payment for some $3 fried rice. So happened the cashier is a chinaman as well... damned.

Accompanied my friend to the abovementioned shop in SLS 2hrs ago to purchase a Nikon 35mm f/2D lens (in-house warranty)...
in house warranty?? means grey set?? You want to save the couple of bucks getting in house warranty, knowing what "in house" entails??

i had a similar experience with OP... was very surprised that there are additional charges for NETs when i wanted to purchase my lens... i was angry at 1st... however giving an after thought if the deal is worth it (u save more $ than other shops) i will still patronise them... :D

Its true that there is additional charges for NETS. But most of the time consumer didnt know that because company/shops had already factor in the cost into the product. Note that with the 7% gst coming in a lot of items will have price increment.

I just bought my 70-300VR for 840 at a shop with branches in peninsular plaza/marina square. before that, i read in this forum about how wonderful the services and prices of a shop in SLS and another shop in beach road area. But when i went down there, both of them quoted me the highest prices of 930. For me, i'm going to that shop for all my stuffs in the future.

BTW, i paid for the lens with NETS...and there's no surcharge of S$5.

Perhaps you should take some of the forummers' recommendations with a big pinch of salt...maybe a packet of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.