Bad Experience with Fujifirm Customer Service

Sunworkz

Apr 4, 2011
First time I bought a Fujifirm camera, I have always been a Canon / Nikon User.
Perhaps I have too good an experience with both Canon and Nikon Customer Service centers that I have a similar expectation for Fujifirm which they could not meet it.

Recently bought a new X100s 3 weeks ago.
I didn't have a change to deplete the battery until this weekend. When I tried to charge the battery yesterday, the battery couldn't be charge back to full. It is still in the red zone after a night worth of charging.
The charging light is green and didn't turn off to indicate a fully charged battery.

Doing a quick search on google, I saw similar issues in some forum, the problem seems to be with the charger.

I went to the customer service

- they couldn't pin point whether it is a battery or charger issues. They say maybe it is the charger issues.

- They told me accessories is only covered for 1 week. But they allow me to do a change of the charger since it is less then 1 month old out of good will.
But it is going to be a one time thing. So meaning if the battery is the one that is faulty then too bad I have to suck it up and buy a new one.

- I told them couldn't you guys CONFIRM what is the issue -- the battery or the charger by perhaps do some test? Since you are going to offer me a one time exchange, you should pin point the exact problem and resolved it once and for all. A MAYBE solution isn't going to cut it.

- They told me take more then 1 week to test. I ask how is it possible that you need 1 week when all u need to do is to confirm whether the new charger is working is to just charge my original battery, if it doesn't charge then it maybe it is the battery problem if it charge then all you need to do is to call me and tell me you give me a new charger and all is great. The customer service call the technician and the technician say 1 day is all that is needed.

How is the customer service from Fujifirm for you guys? Do anyone who is using the X100 / X100s have issues with the charger? from some foreign forum positing it seems that there are alot of complains about Fuji Charger and not being able to charge if the battery is fully depleted. those people end up buying cheap 3rd party charger and happy ever after.

Last edited:
Reactions: DSolZ
There has been varying feedbacks, there is already an existing thread with regards to it.

could use some improvement, but anyway what was the result after the technician say 1 day?

did they check your batt for u??

First time I bought a Fujifirm camera, I have always been a Canon / Nikon User.
Perhaps I have too good an experience with both Canon and Nikon Customer Service centers that I have a similar expectation for Fujifirm which they could not meet it...

Fujifirm?

There has been varying feedbacks, there is already an existing thread with regards to it.

could use some improvement, but anyway what was the result after the technician say 1 day?

did they check your batt for u??

Yea they agree to full check of charger and battery. I should get it tomorrow. Let see how this evolves.
What was the thread about? X100/100s or customer service?

Hmm, I did share in previous threads abt Fuji's service.

Superb, in short. All the 3 times I went. Last time being just 3 months ago. Cleared all my doubts , to the point of sometimes doing extra.

But to be fair, their service staff turnover rate very high so probably really service standard drop if there's a change of staff.

Relax, I believe if u had been sold a lemon battery with a new set , Fuji will suck it and settle it amicably. Last thing u wana do is to throw a tantrum and then the service staff will really want to screw u over.

Maybe because you went to Fujifirm not Fujifilm. Just sayin'

Stupid reply not worth considering nor helpful.

@TS, someone posted earlier about a service collection/store at funan. You might want to head there next time.

Seeing as they will be in a high-traffic area as compared to their offices in the Paya Lebar area, i don't think they would have a low standars of service there

@TS, someone posted earlier about a service collection/store at funan. You might want to head there next time.

Seeing as they will be in a high-traffic area as compared to their offices in the Paya Lebar area, i don't think they would have a low standars of service there

think they posted that they hope it'll become a service collection. it's just a showroom now.

Will TS be buying any more Fuji digital cameras in future? Let us know what you think.

The Fuji at Funan is a showroom for the time being.

Good place to drop by and have fun with all the Fuji models and a huge Lego display though. I had fun the other day there trying the X-Pro , X-E1 , X100s, X20 etc haha.

Definitely should drop by if considering any new models ; good idea of them to start this showroom.

I have had lukewarm service from Fuji. Not good but not bad either. With the growing popularity of Fuji products. I think they have to buck up their after sales services. As of now, the service lounge is tiny and not to mention, out of the way. Even driving there is quite a challenge, it being located at one of the most messy traffic junction ever. The centre could well be their let down if nothing's changed.

I'm correcting a misspelled company name. It is helpful & not stupid at all. Cannon is different from Canon, Nikom vs Nikon, as Fujifirm is different from Fujifilm.

If your name is misspelled in your IC or Passport or what have you, it's a different person altogether. You get my drift here?

Smile & cheer up Kei :)

Back to topic, Fuji better ramp up its aftersales.

So far good experience with them

I'm correcting a misspelled company name. It is helpful & not stupid at all. Cannon is different from Canon, Nikom vs Nikon, as Fujifirm is different from Fujifilm.

If your name is misspelled in your IC or Passport or what have you, it's a different person altogether. You get my drift here?

Smile & cheer up Kei :)

Back to topic, Fuji better ramp up its aftersales.

So far good experience with them

:) cheered up.

so far the service has been good from them.

Funan Fujifilm is a showroom, no selling and no collection. But a nice place to try out the various x models.

Found this on some sites, u guys might be interested http://confessionsxl.com/blog/fuji-is-listening/

yea, i read bert stephani's views. still awaiting a more detailed post from hobby and arias.

Although I think it can only apply if the people at Fuji SG have the same work ethics as their Jap counterparts.

yea, i read bert stephani's views. still awaiting a more detailed post from hobby and arias.

Although I think it can only apply if the people at Fuji SG have the same work ethics as their Jap counterparts.

I am still holding on to my X10, I am no pro and x10 to me its fantastic. Fast and great color, good low night altho its multi bracketing but looks alrite to me. Not enough $$$ to change hehe

I am still holding on to my X10, I am no pro and x10 to me its fantastic. Fast and great color, good low night altho its multi bracketing but looks alrite to me. Not enough $$$ to change hehe

You don't need to be a pro to buy better gear. Time for u to move to the X-E1 :bsmilie:

Time to move on :) even the x20 has improvements enough to justify moving from x10