Bad colors, advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm to me, it seems like the lighting is too harsh which resulted in flat colours.

A simple way is to change a bit of contrast and brightness, and up the saturation. Some simple programmes will do the job, or use photoshop like what others have suggested.

Also try not to shoot under bright and direct sunlight, especially in the afternoons.

Anyway just curious, I wonder which spot did TS focus because the pics don't look sharp even at f/9.0.

Hey everyone. I currently got a 450D kit and started snapping some shots. But the color of the pictures turned out horrible. They weren't as saturated as i hope they'd be... Any advice on this? Or is the efs 18mm-55mm just plain crappy or i'm doin something wrong?

Here are a couple of the pics.

test1-1.jpg

test2.jpg

Actually the 2nd image looks like computer rendered..

Hey everyone. I currently got a 450D kit and started snapping some shots. But the color of the pictures turned out horrible. They weren't as saturated as i hope they'd be... Any advice on this? Or is the efs 18mm-55mm just plain crappy or i'm doin something wrong?

Here are a couple of the pics.

test1-1.jpg

test2.jpg

Hi masaharu

Did you shoot this 2 shots near noon time or when the sun is right above you? Judging from the shadow of the trees, I think you did.

Photos taken at this time generally are abit flat. If you like dramatic color, shoot near dawn/dusk.

Try photoshopping abit.. It also looks slightly overexposed, eh?

Aaah~~ Thanks everyone, for the valuable feedback and advice :)
Yea, I did take this when the sun was glaring.

color is closely linked to quality of light. there is a specific reason why people like to shoot in the golden hours, and take the effort to do so. you can only get certain types of light at certain times of the day.

also, if the sky is not blue enough, how do you expect your camera to make it blue?

try change white balance, Auto may not good for some cams. the best way is set the color temperature K depends on different situation,--- hehe, but troublesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.