backpacking in taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI.. i will be backpacking in taiwan soon and would like to find out some info on the transportation from taipei to kaoshiung..

QN:
i am travelling from taipei to kaoshiung and i found out that for SIN$100 it will take me only 80 mins to travel via the high speed railway.

The qn i wanna ask is there isnt any train station for the highspeed rail.. anyone know which station should i alight.. i tried finding info on this but no avail.. only have to guess

trying my luck here.. heh :)

wah.. bro.. go backpacking there ?
then u will come bck wif lots of XMMS pics.. :devil:

You can take the high speed from taipei main train station. In kaohsiung you'll have to get off at Zuoying station. From here you can either take bus downtown or take another local train (about 10 minutes journey) to the main station in Kaohsiung.

Ticket is actually $1,190 (mon-thurs) and $ 1,490 (fri-sun, pub holiday)
You can find more info on the web site: http://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/index.htm

Happy backpacking in Taiwan :) Hmmm.. i miss kaohsiung...

the high speed station is at Taipei, Taichung and Kaohsiung only.
thanks man.. i just found out the kaoshiung station not opened yet.. got to alight at zhiling station and transit the MRT to inner kaoshiung

wah.. bro.. go backpacking there ?
then u will come bck wif lots of XMMS pics.. :devil:
haha... last min decision..

u mean XXMS = xiao mei mei ? kekek.. provided if i can find lor..

You can take the high speed from taipei main train station. In kaohsiung you'll have to get off at Zuoying station. From here you can either take bus downtown or take another local train (about 10 minutes journey) to the main station in Kaohsiung.

Ticket is actually $1,190 (mon-thurs) and $ 1,490 (fri-sun, pub holiday)
You can find more info on the web site: http://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/index.htm

Happy backpacking in Taiwan :) Hmmm.. i miss kaohsiung...

thanks for the info.. i just bot the map.. zuoying is the last station at the moment.. keke..
the transit only few stations away from inner kaoshiung "liu-he" area.. which is the place i will settle down.

yea.. will defnitely enjoy mysefl thanks.. been there 2 days nia during ns time.. miss that place alot.

anyway got the info liao.. thanks for the advise guys

Woah...so nice. I'm sure you'll bring back a lot of pics bro!

I'm also planning to tour Taiwan some time this year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.