backpack or slingbag??

Status
Not open for further replies.

p4610yz

Oct 26, 2003
Sengkang
erm...for a bag right...lets say i m in poly...now...
then...i m thinking of getting a bag...should i get a sling bag or backpack!!

for the backpack...should i get a deuter (something like the futura 28)
or the crumpler (formal lounge = $160 or farmer O double = $180)

or a sling bag....wat do u all recommend...dun wan a crumpler for tat...mayb a mammuth

erm, r u getting a bag for use in poly or wat? U don't make much sense... heheh...

Maybe u want to state wat equipment U expect to carry in the bag so we can give our recommendations? ;)

use in daily life...both in school n for non school purpose....

erm...i do like to carry camera along at times...but dunwan to bring along my stealth 300 cos it is not a photo event....then....can open up for other use like books n things like tat lorh

foxtwo said:
erm, r u getting a bag for use in poly or wat? U don't make much sense... heheh...

Maybe u want to state wat equipment U expect to carry in the bag so we can give our recommendations? ;)

dun worry u r not alone in the quest for the perfect bag! :)

try to get those bag that can carry 3 ways:

shoulder sling
backpack sling
hand carry

im using one such bag (converse) but its of a flimsy(collapsible build)

u can oso buy a backpack but sew on a strap meant for shoulder sling. maybe can sew on xtra pockets oso. this will depend on the design of the bag itself.

I had the same headache... but i managed to 'perfect' it.

I now use a normal backpack -- I have a Victorinox backpack. When I need to bring along my camera, I put in padded inserts from Domke (can get from CP). The inserts can hold 2 lens, 1 body, 1 flash. THere's lots of extra space for books and extra clothes as well.

Best thing is: from the outside, no body can suspect you're carrying a camera system!

The inserts are mainly to organise my camera equipment and to protect them. BUt if you don't havce enough money, then just wrap your lenses in soft towels. DOn't worry, your camera is made to be used - as long as you don't throw your bag everywhere you go!
:bsmilie:

p4610yz said:
erm...for a bag right...lets say i m in poly...now...
then...i m thinking of getting a bag...should i get a sling bag or backpack!!

for the backpack...should i get a deuter (something like the futura 28)
or the crumpler (formal lounge = $160 or farmer O double = $180)

or a sling bag....wat do u all recommend...dun wan a crumpler for tat...mayb a mammuth

pls lar. crumpler bags are really useless..... $160 can get u like 8 sling bags of lasting materials and nice designs in bugis village ok.... :sweat: as for the deuter ones, the money is worth it. material wise, design wise, everything. :thumbsup:

actually, I'm also a poly student.

I cant seem to find a good laptop cum camera bag.

crumpler abit too corny for me...somemore expensive. too expensive in my opinion.

any recommendations?

those who have the same needs, what you guys using?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.