baby being smothered with granny love

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtdynamics

Nov 17, 2007
myieshasmothered2.jpg

I will like feedback on the composition.
Was the shot taken too close up or is it fine?
I only cropped the left side where the shops lights were blurred out but still casued my eyes to be distracted.

As for my photography techniques.
Per my favourite indoor setup:
Camera was set on high 1600 ISO with a F2.8 aperture to catch good light and make use of natural available light.

I will like feedback on post processing techniques as I have not done any post processing apart from sizing the picture smaller.
Is the color and overall picture ok?
Does it potray the feelings i wanted it to give the viewers?

Story:
We just ended a big family dinner and was parting ways when my mother hugged and kissed my daughter goodbye. (she does this all the time but i guess all grandparents do)

Personally, I like this picture and chose it because like most of you would know, a grandmother will kiss and hug and basically smother your child with loving kisses and i believe the picture captures the moment!
My daughters expression is one of pure erm.. bo pien but i;m sure she knows she is loved very much..

I feel that the picture can be better but this was the best shot i had of the moment i felt my mom really smothering my daughter.. and my daughter was just being herself...

All C&C welcome

Thanks

I find it underexposed, and a bit too tight a shot for comfort.

The baby looks visibly uncomfortable though...

I find it underexposed, and a bit too tight a shot for comfort.

The baby looks visibly uncomfortable though...

I thought exposure looks OK, maybe a tad low, but nothing serious. Yeah, it's a little tight. Actually the biggest flaw to me is that the image is too unsharp.

The kid didn't look uncomfortable to me, more like resigned to fate :) Yeah, bo pian is exactly how I would describe it.

As a candid shot, I think it is quite good but not spectacular. As a shot of your own family members, I think it is priceless.

I thought exposure looks OK, maybe a tad low, but nothing serious. Yeah, it's a little tight. Actually the biggest flaw to me is that the image is too unsharp.

The kid didn't look uncomfortable to me, more like resigned to fate :) Yeah, bo pian is exactly how I would describe it.

As a candid shot, I think it is quite good but not spectacular. As a shot of your own family members, I think it is priceless.

Why I say it's underexposed is because I'm looking at the child's eyes. You almost lose the definition between the white and the black of the eye because of exposure. I'd rather have an overall higher-key exposure and see the eye detail, than lose it, because that is a point of contact from subject to viewer.

i think the message was strongly brought across but yea, as everyone has said, it looks a little too tight. every picture can be inproved on and for this i think maybe it would have been better if it was taken in portrait and capture up to the baby's legs 'kicking' away which is also quite a typical scene which would bring the message out even more. as for post processing, i think a simple vignetting would do the trick or black and white.. yupz... juus my 2 cents

other den tt, that...this shot was priceless...loved it... brought a smile to my face:)
cheers

Why I say it's underexposed is because I'm looking at the child's eyes. You almost lose the definition between the white and the black of the eye because of exposure. I'd rather have an overall higher-key exposure and see the eye detail, than lose it, because that is a point of contact from subject to viewer.

I c... Learning a lot from you in this forum. Thank you!

thanks for all the comments
i seem to learn something with each picture i put up and hopefully my pictures will get better and better
thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.