B+W UV filter cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksmith

Dec 30, 2007
Singapore
Is there any tutorial on this? Just because of my carelessness, I touched the filter with my finger ... left a small finger print on it :)

Just use a lens cleaning cloth or those that came with your spectacles.

hehe, for my 10 dollar tokina filter, I don't mind doing that :)

I won't do that for my $10 filter as they cannot take it. Only do it to the expensive ones. That is the reason why they are expensive. You can abuse! Just like L lenses....you can abuse it an still know that it will work.

I just use the microfiber cloth and clean when available, else just tissue paper or clothing. My eyes and pictures can't tell the damages done...if there are any

I won't do that for my $10 filter as they cannot take it. Only do it to the expensive ones. That is the reason why they are expensive. You can abuse! Just like L lenses....you can abuse it an still know that it will work.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I use the Kinetronic cleaning kit, which has a brush, an alcohol based cleaning fluid, and a microfibre cloth. So far so good.

You just take a deep breathe... and do a wet wet HAAH HAAAHHHH onto the lens. Then use Kleenex wipe it clean.

Oh pleeease... just spit on it and wipe it off with your sleeves! C'mon

I personally don't recommend the lenspen as it'll leave residues after a while.

Been using my Lenspen for over a year already. Still no signs of residue. How long is "after awhile"?

You just take a deep breathe... and do a wet wet HAAH HAAAHHHH onto the lens. Then use Kleenex wipe it clean.

Use Kleenex? Are you sure?

Oh pleeease... just spit on it and wipe it off with your sleeves! C'mon

i would love to see you do that please.

I would like to see that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.