B/W documentary: Jurong Fishery Port

wolfton

Jun 21, 2010
Good outing with great company and ending up chasing the sunrise in the morning. Mainly observing the activities in and around the market. Lots of multiple layers seen but missed a couple of shots by inches, these are the few selected ones. Welcome critical and negative feedback if any.​

14905527537_fb845761c4_b.jpg

"Ultimately, how long a street photographer can linger in any given situation is largely thanks to the grace of others" - Alex Webb

Last edited:

14905512470_8f1847eb4f_b.jpg

15096165575_de3bf8334b_b.jpg

15095811162_1aa967ba9f_b.jpg

15073345696_1d7b8f8c9a_b.jpg

15095986882_5d091118ec_b.jpg

nice series!

hope to see more...

"Ultimately, how long a street photographer can linger in any given situation is largely thanks to the grace of others" - Alex Webb

I am glad that you captured this while Hak Wee and I were ushered aside by this metal pole wielding security guard warning us against taking photos of a wharf for fishing vessels! Maybe there is more to this place than just a fishery port.:bsmilie:
I need to go back there to see if there is a sign that says no photography.
Thanks for the company at this unearthly hour! It was good to be out shooting with friends.

Out shooting photographs is largely thanks to the grace of fellow photographers too, especially in the dead of the night.
Thank you guys!

Er, any man and trolley shots from you?

Last edited:
I've been thinking of going there, but has very minimum info about the place. Is it open to public? Can I just go there and take photos or do I need a special permit? Thanks!

I am glad that you captured this while Hak Wee and I were ushered aside by this metal pole wielding security guard warning us against taking photos of a wharf for fishing vessels! Maybe there is more to this place than just a fishery port.:bsmilie:
I need to go back there to see if there is a sign that says no photography.
Thanks for the company at this unearthly hour! It was good to be out shooting with friends.

Out shooting photographs is largely thanks to the grace of fellow photographers too, especially in the dead of the night.
Thank you guys!

Er, any man and trolley shots from you?

I think I took this before the security came up to you guys the second time. I saw this while we were walking away from gate to the wharf and ran over immediately to take this pic. Maybe my running caused the security to come up to you guys for a second time :bsmilie:.....I was so gan cheong that this man will put his hands down, and there will not be any picture. Managed just this one shot and luckily it worked.

I did not take much shot, 0 trolley shots ;p

nice series!

hope to see more...

Thanks bro, unfortunately, I did not take much shots. These are those that I have, not sure if I will go back again to shoot...

I've been thinking of going there, but has very minimum info about the place. Is it open to public? Can I just go there and take photos or do I need a special permit? Thanks!

It is open to the public. The wharf is out of bound though. Anywhere else, you just need to practice your invisibility and be fast. Also, just be mentally prepared to be scolded and shouted at if you wanna move in close, anything else is a bonus :thumbsup: