Awol For 30 Years And Only Got $5000 Fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
soma said:
wa lau, now got 2 thread on this topic.. i think uncle zaren need to close the other thread.

other thread closed.

zaren said:
other thread closed.

hahaha all my fault, ask you open new thread than again ask you to close.:sweatsm:

vince123123 said:
Dont' want to quote so many passages, but from the last 10 posts, here's somethign to cosnider.

Isn't a worthy balance simply to shorten the years from 2 yeras to like few months or 6 months or wahtever's appropriate. Those who have been through NS know that out of the 2 yeras, a lot of it is spent waiting, idling, sitting around, doing nothing, etc.

Even now in reservist, out of 14 days, maybe only 5 days you do something.

bro, i wish i m in ur unit. :(

you guys missed out the end of the news article which quoted a lawyer saying that in his experience, no one has ever gotten a jail term for the same offense.

Don't be so quick to jump to conspiracy theories lah.

I think i have seen a guy in 30++ serving NS few years back, not too sure whether he had serve prison, but definitely, he went in DB for the Max term. So far i have seen my friend who AWOL for 3 days and got the lightest punishment. $50 fine per day!! Comparing this guy who AWOL for more than 10 years and is only fined $5000. Which means he is only fined for $1++ a day!! My one day of allowance during the army days can allow me to AWOL for 10 days already!!
Anyway, i feel that there is always unfair system in SAF, but just that many things are not known to public. Just the 2 and half years i been thru, getting used to it.

Well I didn't specifically say it was my unit, just general hearsay from NS pple in general.

sORe-EyEz said:
bro, i wish i m in ur unit. :(

A lot of things the public dont know.

Even in the recent news articles in the Forum are always shut down with bureaucratic replies from the Colonel Bernard something - in the end the public think eveything is fine, but those in army know better.

Belano said:
Anyway, i feel that there is always unfair system in SAF, but just that many things are not known to public. Just the 2 and half years i been thru, getting used to it.

Belano said:
I think i have seen a guy in 30++ serving NS few years back, not too sure whether he had serve prison, but definitely, he went in DB for the Max term. So far i have seen my friend who AWOL for 3 days and got the lightest punishment. $50 fine per day!! Comparing this guy who AWOL for more than 10 years and is only fined $5000. Which means he is only fined for $1++ a day!! My one day of allowance during the army days can allow me to AWOL for 10 days already!!

The more you buy the more the discount...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

melnjes said:
If I had my way, we would have public shaming for such folks, jail term and fine equivalent to 2 years' worth of last drawn pay. ;p

wow, act of terror :bsmilie: haha...

I also went overseas many years (having served NS before that), came back, not even gone to 1 ICT since ord 1997. No unit also until last year December (my heart sunk by default!!! so don't flame me hoh ;p ) but I was never recalled back when they had 2 recall-mannings. 1 more recall coming early next year.... but no ICT dates or whatsoever.

Failed my first IPPT last year since ORD (for 2.4km on the threadmill, it sure was difficult running against machine!!! Anyway, excuses aside, I already expected a failed sentence for somebody who never jog/run for the past 7 years). Strangely, no RT also after that!?!? How? Need public shaming, jail term or fine? ;)

Anyway, am not avoiding anything, I will dutifully accept whatever is thrown back at me, hopefully not when I am half dead to the bone...

jasphotography said:
wow, act of terror :bsmilie: haha...

I also went overseas many years (having served NS before that), came back, not even gone to 1 ICT since ord 1997. No unit also until last year December (my heart sunk by default!!! so don't flame me hoh ;p ) but I was never recalled back when they had 2 recall-mannings. 1 more recall coming early next year.... but no ICT dates or whatsoever.

Failed my first IPPT last year since ORD (for 2.4km on the threadmill, it sure was difficult running against machine!!! Anyway, excuses aside, I already expected a failed sentence for somebody who never jog/run for the past 7 years). Strangely, no RT also after that!?!? How? Need public shaming, jail term or fine? ;)

Anyway, am not avoiding anything, I will dutifully accept whatever is thrown back at me, hopefully not when I am half dead to the bone...

at least u completed your full time NS. whether or not u are called up for reservist after that is down to ur luck. a fren of mine did his full time NS, never left singapore, and was never called up for reservist duty at all.

after this sentence, it would be interesting to see how the sentences will be for other persons who have "missed" NS for many years and came back now ...... :)

aiyah... fine wat fine...

Make the bugger do guard duty everyother night can already.
;p

This can be a good business: I can employ those who have not done NS to China, employee pay me upfront $5000 and you sign contract for 20 years to siam NS. Food and shelter provided with minimum wage:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Didn't MINDEF change the rule to make the onus on you to do your own RT after u fail.

jasphotography said:
Strangely, no RT also after that!?!? How? Need public shaming, jail term or fine? ;)

vince123123 said:
Well I didn't specifically say it was my unit, just general hearsay from NS pple in general.

anyway my ICT like taken session, somemore many days! :(

vince123123 said:
Didn't MINDEF change the rule to make the onus on you to do your own RT after u fail.

they did, they did. so if i fail den how? tt guy siam everything pay oni $5K, how much do u think we hav 2 pay? :think:

jasphotography said:

Hey same here, haven't kena ICT since I ORDed in '96. I only found out my unit accidentally when they sent me a recall manning notice recently. Other than that, no official notice. Never left Singapore either.

But if I ever do get recalled, will go for it without qualms. It's a good break from work :)

IMHO... he should at least served in MDC as Pianist for 2 years! S$5000 is too light a punishment... not even a slap in the wrist.

Imagine if i tell any parents that you only need S$5000 to avoid 2 years of NS for your son... every one will jump at the chance... even S$50,000 also have takers!

I recall some of my army friends got charged for turning up late for camp or awol for a couple of days and goes to DB... doesn't this seems grossly unfair?

nemesis32 said:
IMHO... he should at least served in MDC as Pianist for 2 years! S$5000 is too light a punishment... not even a slap in the wrist.

Imagine if i tell any parents that you only need S$5000 to avoid 2 years of NS for your son... every one will jump at the chance... even S$50,000 also have takers!

I recall some of my army friends got charged for turning up late for camp or awol for a couple of days and goes to DB... doesn't this seems grossly unfair?

& i tot S'pore gahmen v clean & impartial... :eek:

Yeowww said:
so now u know better?

ya lor, ya lor...

need 2 get a big vacuum 2 suck those dirty 1s! :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.