AWC - Assistant with camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nuts... lol only ignorant people blowing their horns. Get the facts or know the facts before challenging. Thats too bad, cuz my account is dated 2002, while yours 2007, I've joined shoots back then too.

Accusations? what do you reallly know? I know insiders and girls who knows. Like I said, I've no further bone to pick with that guy. Nonetheless, I'm not the only one you're having problems with, check back on your previous posts... so bottomline is just this, surely there're bound to be unhappy customers anywhere. Those in the customer service line would know. But at least I know one thing: I deliver the expensive models at a price affordable to all (because they're my friends).

Rest my case. Waste of time reading.

Well, all i can say is some people cant take advice. Good luck for your future shoot.

I see nuts... lol only ignorant people blowing their horns. Get the facts or know the facts before challenging. Thats too bad, cuz my account is dated 2002, while yours 2007, I've joined shoots back then too.

Accusations? what do you reallly know? I know insiders and girls who knows. Like I said, I've no further bone to pick with that guy. Nonetheless, I'm not the only one you're having problems with, check back on your previous posts... so bottomline is just this, surely there're bound to be unhappy customers anywhere. Those in the customer service line would know. But at least I know one thing: I deliver the expensive models at a price affordable to all (because they're my friends).

Yeh, the scene may not be recorded, but there wasn't just one, but a few models complained. No further bone to pick with you, but if you want to bring this further, I can easily name the girls and have them testify.

Just to clear the case, you paid 60bucks, for that modelshoot + 380bucks hotel. Why bitch bout it?

There are bound to be unsatisfied customers.. but if you're in my shoes, would you allow the photogs whom at the last min changed slots, wait? Also, 3photogs to 1 model, and at most 4photogs for 1 model. Dude, be realistic, is that a lot?

Hi Dennis, I've joined your shoot before, and no complains. Thanks for the coffee during breaktime too. However, regarding photogs last min changed slots, I think it depends on whether there are empty slots in the earlier session. If there are, I think not a prob to slot them in. If its already full, let them wait, why not.
Just my 2 cents.

Ah.. as expected the TFCD 7 jumping in.. where's the rest? Why delete your earlier words? If you want to proceed further, I can easily bring out lotsa juicy bits that can make you grow hair! :bsmilie: you know what you did.

But lets stick to the topic, TS did you or did you not shot lingeries on that day? Oh well, just 1 extra guy... and the bitchin begins... when placed in a situation, see how well you cope. I'll just ignore this... I've lotsa real life people to think of and help (for real).

yawn I'm going to bed

I agree with the TS. I have been to dennisc shoots and in fact the organizer HIMSELF shot and blocked the rest of us indulging while everyone was waiting behind. . tell me about it TS i feel for you.

also, Hh promised reflectors during the shot but NONE was at sight.

Look at HIS attitude here. Not worth your time and money. I avoided him and encourage my friends and noobs not to go for his shots anyway. Ivan and charby are MUCH better organisers. IMHO one of the best. Even Melody-Love budget shots are sooooo much better then wad dennisc provides.

just my 2cents of my experience as well...

I guess i must really thank my lucky star that I didn't turn up on Sat to find that it was a fashion shoot instead of lingerie. Because you did the maths and maybe the price is only enough for fashion shoot. :) You are not Ren Ci, no one is expecting you to operate at a loss and since you are good at doing the maths, you most probably will not lose any money. So dont use the price to justify what you have done and did not do correctly.

As the organizer, you have every right to ask the person who came too early to wait. OR the correct thing to do was to ask our permission. This is NOT the first time I am joining a photo shoot and in fact, I was joining photo shoot BEFORE you even started organizing. Other organizers would ask permission and sometime even offer to give discount for adding additional photographers.

As for your case with Satch, I dont know what happen. All I can say is these are very serious accusation and you better be prepare to provide evidence. If I were Satch and I am wrongfully accused, I would screen shot your post or ask the moderator to lock the thread; Have this post reviewed by a lawyer and see what to do next.

not the first time this happen, last time also got organizer also shooting and get into the way of others...

i believe i posted that thread on dennisc previously before this complain here ->

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492186&page=6

you know you are right. dennisc with the rise of unhappy people here, i seriously think the mods should look into this and you should learn from other shot organisers taking feedback
with good grace.

Last edited:
Aw.. come on, the explanation is plain and simple. Got the helper via CS, expected to help. He didn't, he shot instead. I accosted him halfway of the shoot, he was out of it. Don't say I didn't do nuts.
Besides, the models cost way more than 160bucks/hour, thats what I'm paying them. Do the math! I just want to make it affordable for all, top of their usual rates.

7 shooters, because some guys suddenly moved into another slot, at the last min, calling me telling me they're coming, at at the lobby. What am I supposed to do?
And FYI, ask the price of the room with kitchen, living room & bedroom, how much does it cost? I dont even earn!

<edited off> btw that boutique hotel was 380 get the math right.

Thats all I rest my case. There will definately be some unhappy customers, it's natural.

Your obligation to your paying customers is more important than letting others wait.

also, your customers are not bothered with your costs but they just want what is being promised to them.

did u bother to check with your customers whether they mind someone joining in the shoot?

LOL... those in the customer service line knows that customers are KINGS and they do what is necessary to appease the customers. :sticktong

Your obligation to your paying customers is more important than letting others wait.

also, your customers are not bothered with your costs but they just want what is being promised to them.

did u bother to check with your customers whether they mind someone joining in the shoot?

i agree.. i think its a case of overpromise under deliver. Charby cost are high yet so many ppl go for them cus the DELIVER! serious, take a leaf from them!

agree with you... i once attended an informal model hotel shoot after responding to a organizer's post, where he invited photographers for an informal shoot ... can't remember the exact words he used, but it's supposed to be non-profit... the thing is that photographers are supposed to share the hotel cost. it ended up with more than 10 photogs in a small tiny hotel room, and each photog asked to cough up more than $50... meaning to say more than $500 would be collected... upon checking further, I found out that the room cost less than $250.

I have nothing else to say :eek:

Cover model's pay lo..

wa, like that if i join in 1997 means i big ah gong and i big shot. :thumbsup:

time to pm mods to find a way to change my join date.

I was at the same shoot as well - but luckily my session is the one after you. I heard some other photographers complaining about that guy too, so i ask the organizer to split into 2 groups and maximum 3:1 only....thankfully there is no extra guy or AWCs in my sessions.

BTW the "helper" guy didnt help at all indeed. Before the shoot, i went with the organizer to help him rent the studio light and buy drinks (the coconut juice) because he wasn't responding any calls or sms'es. If i was in your group, i definitely will make noise and ask him to go home....i don't think it's fair to shoot for free when everyone else has to pay for it.
If based on what Sharpshooter said and there is no missing person in his group, where did the EXTRA come from? Are you trying to tell me that someone was so excited about the shoot that he came 2 sessions earlier?

Would anyone from the last session please comment whether there are any missing person from your group?

Ah.. as expected the TFCD 7 jumping in.. where's the rest? Why delete your earlier words? If you want to proceed further, I can easily bring out lotsa juicy bits that can make you grow hair! :bsmilie: you know what you did.

But lets stick to the topic, TS did you or did you not shot lingeries on that day? Oh well, just 1 extra guy... and the bitchin begins... when placed in a situation, see how well you cope. I'll just ignore this... I've lotsa real life people to think of and help (for real).

yawn I'm going to bed
Since, you are an experienced service line person, let me put it straight to you. There is NOTHING CASUAL or FUN when money is involved. ESPECIALLY when you are the one collecting it. If some fun is suppose to come out from it, the joke should be ON YOU! So don't come and complain about my bitching when the joke is obviously on the 5 other photographers and I. AND to be exact, there were 7.5 photographers (including your assistant), the 0.5 was to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Now on a lighter side of note, I wonder what will happen if a pimp handle a similar issue like you. TWO men would most probably find themselves in the same room with ONE woman. Customer ma, how can make them wait, right?

an assistant is best being kept to assisting, it defeats the purpose once you bring up the camera. Exceptions may allow at the discretion of friends being the photographers who sometimes don't mind or even invite one to shoot and help out given the informality of everything.

However it is even more important to anticipate rather than acknowledge and that i feel, separates the good from the better. ;)

spritist, i agree with you but as an assistant and a photographer myself , you must know when help is needed and when its not. anticipation is important .

of course you the AWC cant be shooting 50% , helping 50% . if you ask me, i normally have only 10-15 shots at max ? i normally help more than shoot , and even so, those are normally candid shots .

i dont blame TS. I would seriously get mad too. the AWC seems freaking irresponsible man.. :thumbsd:

Assistants should assist and not interfere. Same goes for whoever organises any photoshoot. It's all about professionalism.

looks like dennisc trying to avoid topic by bumping his thread up. you have to be kidding he is in the service line. Maybe a different sort of service. one which i have a photo of hahaha..

looks like dennisc trying to avoid topic by bumping his thread up. you have to be kidding he is in the service line. Maybe a different sort of service. one which i have a photo of hahaha..

Well, I think just leave him be and hope that he change.

Anyway, there are a lot of self rightous folks, who may jump out of blue, to spam organizers' shoot advertisements to remind them that they are constantly being monitored and should buck up. Remember ddiver, the guy/gal who spam Bluefrog's posts, I am sure he/she is monitoring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.