Avid MC or Premiere CS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, all computer related hardware and software will have bugs and they do breakdown.
Even FCP systems and qualified avid systems.

I've heard many statements from local avid product managers about improving the customer and service support over the years, but even my last upgrade encounter wasn't smooth.
My word of advise to Avid's management of resellers.
What's the point of having local resellers when they don't carry immediate stocks and that they mark up prices as compared to online store?
What's the point of them when they are as clueless as the end users themselves about the products and level of support? Avid forum have been of more help to be frank!

Like the nikon vs canon debate that many like to get involved in, I am one who believes that both tools are as good as the person using it. Whether u cut on premiere, fcp or avid or any NLE, you should just make the best out of it.

Of course, all computer related hardware and software will have bugs and they do breakdown.
Even FCP systems and qualified avid systems.

I've heard many statements from local avid product managers about improving the customer and service support over the years, but even my last upgrade encounter wasn't smooth.
My word of advise to Avid's management of resellers.
What's the point of having local resellers when they don't carry immediate stocks and that they mark up prices as compared to online store?
What's the point of them when they are as clueless as the end users themselves about the products and level of support? Avid forum have been of more help to be frank!

Like the nikon vs canon debate that many like to get involved in, I am one who believes that both tools are as good as the person using it. Whether u cut on premiere, fcp or avid or any NLE, you should just make the best out of it.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and I will channel this information back to the channel sales folks to take note.

Actually coming back to the topic of NLE selection, the best NLE I've ever used before was this machine called Steenback.

It was definitely by definition 'Non-linear', but unfortunately, it took only 1 single format, no undo, no cross fades, no effects, no color correction, etc...you don't even need a mouse or keyboard.....all you need is a splicing tool & some acetate tape.....but it was sure the best system around. :bsmilie:

Actually coming back to the topic of NLE selection, the best NLE I've ever used before was this machine called Steenback.

It was definitely by definition 'Non-linear', but unfortunately, it took only 1 single format, no undo, no cross fades, no effects, no color correction, etc...you don't even need a mouse or keyboard.....all you need is a splicing tool & some acetate tape.....but it was sure the best system around. :bsmilie:
Hate these bloody Steenback/Moviola machines, if they're so damn great, digital NLEs won't be invented. Spit on those idiots who raved about how they have spliced before.

Hate these bloody Steenback/Moviola machines, if they're so damn great, digital NLEs won't be invented. Spit on those idiots who raved about how they have spliced before.

yeah...if you don't spool them up properly, they'd chew your film.
If you're indecisive about your cuts and spliced too much, there's a likelihood your film will be chewed as well.....if you've got dirty fingers, they'd ruin your work prints too.

It's a pity that you'd have to waste quite a lot of bodily fluid to spit on quite a number of people who have and need to splice films up. If you'd ever do that to me, I cannot guarantee what will happen to you. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.