Status
Not open for further replies.

benjaminteo

Aug 6, 2005
North Western, Singapore
Someone skilled please tell me how to get the most optimised imagery for my avatar and yet fit the restrictions. I have been like working on my photo for years and resizing it a thousand times and everytime I upload it, "invalid file" or "image too large"

And finally, see image on the left. :confused:

Any solutions? Thanks, I will really appreciate it because my avatar is like ****.

benjaminteo said:
Someone skilled please tell me how to get the most optimised imagery for my avatar and yet fit the restrictions. I have been like working on my photo for years and resizing it a thousand times and everytime I upload it, "invalid file" or "image too large"

And finally, see image on the left. :confused:

Any solutions? Thanks, I will really appreciate it because my avatar is like ****.
Is your avatar so important?

Use photoshop resize to 80x80 and save for web...that should do.
My avatar is from a 8.2MP RAW image and that was what I did.

1) crop/resize the image to 100X100 pixels(thats the max i think)
2) Use the save for web option in PS (Ctrl+alt+shift+S for windows, Apple+option+shift+S for mac)

That should do the trick.

Sorry... when I resize by cropping or changing the image size to 80 to 80 pixels, the image becomes damn pixellated is that normal?

My jpeg images is sized at 3008x2000 at an average of 3MB.

Just a newbie trying to learn ps here.

benjaminteo said:
Sorry... when I resize by cropping or changing the image size to 80 to 80 pixels, the image becomes damn pixellated is that normal?

My jpeg images is sized at 3008x2000 at an average of 3MB.

Just a newbie trying to learn ps here.

Step by step.

Go to image resize
change the pixel dimension to 80x80
go to save as web
save

Status
Not open for further replies.