Automotive photographers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ServeChilled

Jan 8, 2005
Whats the market like locally? is there a demand for such photographers?

no offence but if you look at local automotive magazines, the photos are actually pretty darn "bad" compared to other countries, or even some e-magazine.

there was even an issue of a particular magazine that had a featured car's photo photochopped! badly! tried to do a panning shot (drifting) but instead motion blur the photo without editing the area of the windows that could look thr and seeing a static img. wheres the darn professionalism man. or maybe its just a personal touch. ;)

Cheers!

*hopes to be an automotive photographer someday. :D

I hope to be automotive photographer too........:bsmilie:
newmemberz ====> nice pic :thumbsup:

Whats the market like locally? is there a demand for such photographers?

no offence but if you look at local automotive magazines, the photos are actually pretty darn "bad" compared to other countries, or even some e-magazine.

there was even an issue of a particular magazine that had a featured car's photo photochopped! badly! tried to do a panning shot (drifting) but instead motion blur the photo without editing the area of the windows that could look thr and seeing a static img. wheres the darn professionalism man. or maybe its just a personal touch. ;)

Cheers!

*hopes to be an automotive photographer someday. :D

:bsmilie: ... welcome to the club... I love his works too

I love automobile photography too! ...

Andywee is good man. the colors are wonderful imo.

www.ruji.net asian automotive photographer based in the us. darn good also.

someone volenteer a car for a meetup shoot? =X

The market is quite small for contract-based automotive photography if you are focusing purely on Singapore-based publications.

Most of them have in-house photographers.

There are many automotive photographers around actually. As for professionals, not many locally. Probably the most common name you get is here is Andy Wee.
Thing is who in Singapore would pay to get his car taken?? Even if there is, what is the percentage? Maybe only the car makers, but their HQ aint here. I take for fun, think i would be crazy to charge... unless I'm really so gd or I'm skilled in other areas of photography, think i will die of starvation one day:)
Other than the 2 that has been mentioned, you guys can view this guys pics... also very professional... www.eastonchang.com

Status
Not open for further replies.