August 25... Mark the date...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this post on dpreview by pandaleo

Quote:"

from a reliable source in Taiwan:

1. A550/A500
Exmor cmos
better image processing (to reduce noise and convert JPG)
faster focusing and burst (7fps?)
liveview looks like A350's
the body is A350's type, not A380's

2. A850
A cheaper version of A900

But current A900 users won't be disappointed as A850 is not only a A900 with the degraded prism and slower fps but also the feeling when using it and also reduced image quality.

All the new DSLR are without movie function.

Still need to wait for 8/28 for the official announcement" End Quote

If its true for the A500/550 most prob going for it liao.

Last edited:
7fps is highly unlikely for A5xx, that should be the A7xx's main attraction, unless Sony doesn't plan to have a new 7xx. A850 IQ degration over A900 doesn't make sense either.

... A850 IQ degration over A900 doesn't make sense either.

Agree on this, whats the use of having lower IQ on a FF? Common consensus shud be FF yields better IQ, if like that then might as well stick to crop sensors cams. Personally very impressed with the A900 IQ, anything less will be a no-no for me :faint:

How can have poorer IQ? Same sensor, just 1 less bionz... only speed should be affected, not IQ...

Anyone interested in MO from our neighbour? :)

How can have poorer IQ? Same sensor, just 1 less bionz... only speed should be affected, not IQ...

Anyone interested in MO from our neighbour? :)

MO can get what kind of prices?? =D

my friend got a900 for slightly more than RM7k

Ya... that is a good price... When was that?

It is easy to modify the lens for use on FF,
http://www.360pano.de/en/tokina-sigma-nikon.html

Here is an example, from Singapore, of shaving a Nikon 10.5mm lens.
http://www.singaporevr.com/blog/?p=659

Pete

Interesting. Thought the difference is more than the existence of the hood. Read that lenses for APS-C are built differently due to the sensor they are going to serve. They are smaller, lighter and cheaper. Or is this particular mod only applies to fisheye lenses ?

I am not sure if this applies to all APS-C lenses. Initially I read that the rear element of some APS-C lenses protrudes deeper into the body and might foul the mirror, which is a bit scary. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. It might be a marketting ploy to get people to buy new lenses. This 'shaving' technique is well established in panoramic photography circles. Almost all pano photographers use Canon or Nikon, the Tokina 10-17mm lens and the Nikon 10.5mm are particularly favoured. My buying a FF Sony is dependent upon Tokina coming out with a 10-17mm lens with Alpha mount. Otherwise it will be a Canon 5DII.

I am not sure if this applies to all APS-C lenses. Initially I read that the rear element of some APS-C lenses protrudes deeper into the body and might foul the mirror, which is a bit scary. Whether this is true or not, I don't know. It might be a marketting ploy to get people to buy new lenses. This 'shaving' technique is well established in panoramic photography circles. Almost all pano photographers use Canon or Nikon, the Tokina 10-17mm lens and the Nikon 10.5mm are particularly favoured. My buying a FF Sony is dependent upon Tokina coming out with a 10-17mm lens with Alpha mount. Otherwise it will be a Canon 5DII.

Pffft. The Sigma 12-24 is good already. :)

The A500 follow the shape of the new entry model of a230?
Hmmm...
Just that it got vertical grip....

Last edited:
The A500 follow the shape of the new entry model of a230?
Hmmm...
Just that it got vertical grip....

It's bigger and chunkier too. The grip is larger.

> The Sigma 12-24 is good already.

Do you have any experience of using for spherical panoramas on a FF Sony ?

> The Sigma 12-24 is good already.

Do you have any experience of using for spherical panoramas on a FF Sony ?

Yes, works like a charm. My 7.5mm FE works well too, but I prefer the very nice distortion characteristics of the Sigma.

I'll upload some later on. I took some on my last Vietnam trip. :)

Looking forward to that. I have the same lens but have not ventured so much with it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.