Atomic bomb photography

when is the next one ? we can organise and shoot... (maybe the last photo from you and the camera)

:bsmilie:

Not bad, you know your stuff well.
I don't think it's Sarah Conner, she's suppose to be locked up in cockoo-land during that time.
Opps, I had meant to say John Connor but I guessed somehow that my mind was more preoccupied with Sarah Connor instead. :sweat:
But operational is a very subjective word as it did not achieve the targeted goal before going into a shutdown.

Anyway, if they manage to churn some antimatter out of that donut then a H-bomb would be considered as a child's play.
New projects even when commissioned does have problematic teething issues initially especially as something as advance and complicated as the world's largest and highest energy particle accelerator though hopefully physicists will be able to confirm the existence of the elusive higgs boson particle in the near future with the help of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).

Antiparticles are produced routinely in the LHC though in just minute quantities of a number of particles every second or so. 38 electrically neutral antihydrogern atoms (as per the Avogadro constant, there are 6.022 x 10^23 atoms in a mole of atomic hydrogen with a mass of approximately 1 gram) was trapped for a fraction of a second just recently in November 2010.

AFAIK, it is impractical in reality for antimatter to be produce in any actual usable quantity beyond what is required for scientific experiment since a tremendous amount of energy and time (two billion years) is required just to produce 1 gram of antimatter as previously mentioned.

Last edited:
when is the next one ? we can organise and shoot... (maybe the last photo from you and the camera). :bsmilie:
Most nuclear tests are conducted underground now. Nothing much to see anyway unless you fancy the ultimate camera shake experience. ;p

[VID]qp6aZIhHiRE[/VID]
YouTube Video ID No. QP6AZIHHIRE

[VID]S1f6vbiuUt0[/VID]
YouTube Video ID No. S1F6VBIUUT0

Last edited:
AFAIK, it is impractical in reality for antimatter to be produce in any actual usable quantity beyond what is required for scientific experiment since a tremendous amount of energy and time (two billion years) is required just to produce 1 gram of antimatter as previously mentioned.
at the current level of understanding and technology, yes, it'll take a long time. but, i predict that once scientists has got quantum physics licked, it'll be time to go "warp 9, mr spock.".

Most nuclear tests are conducted underground now. Nothing much to see anyway unless you fancy the ultimate camera shake experience. ;p

[VID]qp6aZIhHiRE[/VID]
YouTube Video ID No. QP6AZIHHIRE

[VID]S1f6vbiuUt0[/VID]
YouTube Video ID No. S1F6VBIUUT0
underground explosions will still be very cool with the ground up-swell coming towards u...now, underground explosion directly underneath a lake......that's one explosion worth seeing.

Why would you settle for something more when you can settle for something less? :think:

The holy grail is in antimatter, just 1 gram of it annihilating with its normal matter counterparts will release the destructive power equivalent from twice to thrice that of the Little Boy gun-type fission bomb dropped on Hiroshima which contained 64.1 kg of Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) 235 (85%).

Though with the current level of technology, it will take approximately two billion years just to produce that 1 gram of antimatter at a cost ranging from trillions to even quadrillions worth of US dollars.

dat's because fuel is cheap...lol. can just take an empty building, seal the doors and windows, fill it with fuel vapor, install a timed detonator, get an idiot with a dead man switch, wait for the enemy to come, then, we got ourselfs a big ba-da boom boom boom.

now, underground explosion directly underneath a lake......that's one explosion worth seeing.
Operation Crossroads, Baker Shot was a shallow underwater nuclear test conducted on the 25th of July 1946 in Bikini Atoll, Marshall Islands. ;)

[VID]bWjWpVbadTg[/VID]
YouTube Video ID No. BWJWPVBADTG

The black shadowed obstruction just at the right hand side edge of the rising column of sea water plume is an entire battleship, the USS Arkansas (BB-33), being lifted up vertically on its end. :eek:

Last edited:
Opps, I had meant to say John Connor but I guessed somehow that my mind was more preoccupied with Sarah Connor instead. :sweat:

New projects even when commissioned does have problematic teething issues initially especially as something as advance and complicated as the world's largest and highest energy particle accelerator though hopefully physicists will be able to confirm the existence of the elusive higgs boson particle in the near future with the help of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).

Antiparticles are produced routinely in the LHC though in just minute quantities of a number of particles every second or so. 38 electrically neutral antihydrogern atoms (as per the Avogadro constant, there are 6.022 x 10^23 atoms in a mole of atomic hydrogen with a mass of approximately 1 gram) was trapped for a fraction of a second just recently in November 2010.

Wah, you are either very into quantum physic or maybe you have served in the same unit as me.
Is AFPN 1437 familiar to you?

Operation Crossroads, Baker Shot was a shallow underwater nuclear test conducted on the 25th of July 1946 in Bikini Atoll, Marshall Islands. ;)

[VID]bWjWpVbadTg[/VID]
YouTube Video ID No. BWJWPVBADTG

The black shadowed obstruction just at the right hand side edge of the rising column of sea water plume is an entire battleship, the USS Arkansas (BB-33), being lifted up vertically on its end. :eek:

ohhhh.....so pwetty! but, oh poor battleships.........fire-in-the-hole!!!!!!

Wah, you are either very into quantum physic or maybe you have served in the same unit as me.
Is AFPN 1437 familiar to you?
Sorry, I'm not from 39 SCE if that was what you are asking. ;)
Later can get super power from the radiation! Can become super hero!
Exposure to excessive or prolong ionising radiation will unleash a hidden chain of events within the most fundamental structure of your human body that will ultimately culminate in the development of tremendous superpower. This superpower is known as oncogenesis. ;)

Last edited: