Assault on Sabah

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
why is the malaysian police involved in operations prior to the entry of their soldiers? especially when the intruders are known to be foreigners.

Last edited:
as an armed incursion by guerilla force is technically not a declaration of war from another State (nation), the armed intruders are technically law-breakers, not war-wagers.

why is the malaysian police involved in operations prior to the entry of their soldiers? especially when the intruders are known to be foreigners.

They need some action... tired of drinking coffee and eating prata everyday :bsmilie:

Most counties don't have lots of troops and weapons position all over the territory... therefore when reports of 'Armed Man' taking control of some kampong... it only make sense that the local police investigate and/or contain the situation 1st... before moving in troops.

But I don't feel its strange that KL didn't sent in a bigger force force with heavier weapons to surround the intruders sooner... 3-4 weeks is a long time.

In my opinion the assessment was wrong and someone high up there under estimated the situation. ....remember they used to be friends. ...brothers.. .....no one will believe that few hundred men can rival a nations military force.......in sone country.....an Apache chopter is enough to take the bunch out..... all hope was to talk the situation out and send them back peacefully without firing a bulket...... unfortunately the stupidity of a few kick in and the whole game turn ugly. .....I dont think anyone win after a few dozens life wasted just like that.....it's something that can be avoided. ....

20 years ago a relative of mine was an anti-narc police inspector in Sabah. He'd tell us kids tales of confronting pirates armed with AKs and RPGs with the lowly service revolver.

anyway, these armed irregulars claim to be from the Kingdom of Sulu .

Will Raffles' descendants stake claim to Raffles Place then demand that Raffles Place secede from the Republic ?

it is an untimely challenge for najib. he has another national issue on his lap to 'explode' in his face.

20 years ago a relative of mine was an anti-narc police inspector in Sabah. He'd tell us kids tales of confronting pirates armed with AKs and RPGs with the lowly service revolver.

Ahhh, my brother's colleague had the same experience too. Just a regular police constable in Lahad Datu, armed with a .38, mostly staying in the post and not venturing out because the streets were more heavily armed than he was. A cowboy town was what he called it. His mom kept asking him to quit but all that young male bravado kept him going for more than a year before he finally relented. Said that you can get handguns for only rm50

They need some action... tired of drinking coffee and eating prata everyday :bsmilie:

They want action?

They got plenty of action:

police%2Bwomen%2Bof%2Bcincinnati%2Bon%2Btlc%2B%25285%2529.jpg

Last edited:
anyway, these armed irregulars claim to be from the Kingdom of Sulu .

Will Raffles' descendants stake claim to Raffles Place then demand that Raffles Place secede from the Republic ?

Well, in practice they are the rightful owner as natives. They even have agreement papers with the british.
The problem for police is that the 800k something filipinos who stays there are now aiding them :sweat:

Well, in practice they are the rightful owner as natives. They even have agreement papers with the british.
The problem for police is that the 800k something filipinos who stays there are now aiding them :sweat:

the sulu sultan signed an agreement granting Sabah to a 3rd party until "matahari dan bulan tiada" (no more sun and moon) aka forever.
3rd party sell to brits, brits give to MY.

Ahhh, my brother's colleague had the same experience too. Just a regular police constable in Lahad Datu, armed with a .38, mostly staying in the post and not venturing out because the streets were more heavily armed than he was. A cowboy town was what he called it. His mom kept asking him to quit but all that young male bravado kept him going for more than a year before he finally relented. Said that you can get handguns for only rm50

my relative was lucky to retire early. one of his colleagues was less lucky, got hacked to death on the streets.

i wonder if Bolo Santosi will appear any time

The timing is something very suspicious. When malaysia is calling for election! Somebody is behind this and financing the group. So many hero suddenly appear?

The timing is something very suspicious. When malaysia is calling for election! Somebody is behind this and financing the group. So many hero suddenly appear?

Borneo violence spirals into crisis for Malaysia, Philippines | Reuters

Sabah residents have been transfixed in recent weeks by a public inquiry into allegations that illegal immigrants were handed identity cards by UMNO in a citizenship-for-votes scheme.

That is what happen when the government anyhow give citizenships to illegal immigrants.

This is not about illegals becoming citizens.

This is about some people in a part of southern Philippines claiming that according to history, Sabah belongs to them.

The present Sultan of Sulu endorses this on TV.

Who is behind this, we do not know. Who armed these people with rifles and mortars, we do not know.

The MLY authorities have been tolerant. Actually this is an armed invasion with express aim to take over territory and/or extract ridiculously high ransom.

It is about money.

The Sulus want money $$$$$$$.

Lots of it.

A police action is not appropriate where sovereignty is threatened. The MLY army can be mobilised to repel them.

Last edited: