CATEGORIES
SECONDARY STUDENTS
Open to all secondary schools students in Singapore

TERTIARY STUDENTS
Open to all full-time tertiary students in Singapore

TOPICS
There are three topics to explore your imagination and creativity from:
1. URBAN SINGAPORE: POCKETS OF BIODIVERSITY
Singapore has long been known as a ‘Garden City’. From merely planting trees for aesthetic purposes, to enriching our island’s ecology and natural ecosystems, how successful have we been in integrating with our natural ecosystems?

2. COLOURS & CULTURE: ISLAND OF TRADITION
Singapore is a melting pot of the East and West. From traditional wayang opera to hip hop battles, our island is bursting with old and new cultures. Capture the passion, vibrance and colour of these cultures, and how they define us as a nation.

3. HEART & SOUL: ISSUES THAT STRIKE A CHORD
From rising food prices to greying populations, Singapore is dealing with several social and economic issues. What are the topics on the hearts and minds of its people, and what are their effects?

If i read it correctly, its only secondary and tertiary students... They seem to be missing a large proportion of youths like myself :confused:

looks interesting... think should be joining...shall be on the look out!

Extensive amount of exclusion unfortunately. A lot of participants will be unable to join. That said we have millions of people in Singapore, of which a good percentage of them can participate.

I think they missed the whole point of photography.

I agree the age cap and target audience is severely limited.
But I think they are trying to find a young talented photojournalist that can be groomed later.
But the prize isn't that fantastic either.. 1st prize Pentax K10D and it's quite an 'old' cam haha

I agree the age cap and target audience is severely limited.
But I think they are trying to find a young talented photojournalist that can be groomed later.
But the prize isn't that fantastic either.. 1st prize Pentax K10D and it's quite an 'old' cam haha

The award itself would be worth more than the prize for some. But to be fair, it's a great prize nevertheless. Would join if I could, but I'm already over tertiary education overseas. Working doesn't count I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.