ARTIST-TO-ARTIST GRANT & MENTORSHIP sponsored by 36frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

rueyloon

Jan 17, 2002
www.rueyloon.com
ARTIST-TO-ARTIST GRANT & MENTORSHIP

Objectifs is pleased to launch its first artist-to-artist grant for emerging photographers or artists using photography in their work, looking to hold their first solo show. This grant is made possible with the support of commercial and portrait photographer, Ung Ruey Loon, (http://www.36frames.com) Who will also mentor the selected photographer in producing and curating the show.

"In my own experience as a photographer, one of the artistic pursuits I had struggled with was taking an idea and developing it into a meaningful body of work to be exhibited. The other problem of course was seeking financial resources for an exhibition. Having been in the industry for several years, I hope to return to the community and help young photographers through a small personal grant and mentorship. Hopefully, this spurs other established artists to support through grants or mentorship as well!" explains Ruey Loon.

The selected photographer will be given an $800 grant for a solo show and will also be mentored along the way. Ruey Loon will guide the selected photographer on issues faced while planning for a solo show, such as editing and curating, budgeting and production. The exhibition will be held in July 2010 at Objectifs, which will also waive any gallery rental fees. The photographer can seek additional support or funding for the show.

Interested photographers must submit (1) an exhibition or project synopsis (2) at least 10 images from the series (3) a one paragraph bio. For selection this round, preference will be given to those working on conceptual or fine-art work.

Submission deadline Feb 19, 2010. Submissions to info@objectifs.com.sg or mailed to Objectifs, 56A Arab Street, Singapore 199753.

YUPZ

spread the joy, let more people know about this.

cheers !

bump up for the offer.
:thumbsup:

that's nice to see this

Status
Not open for further replies.