Artisitc and fun photographer needed for a Birthday party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudlion

Mar 2, 2008
Hi there!

I am a budding photographer here and looking for a artistic and fun photographer out there for my 21st Birthday Party!

Venue: The Fullerton Hotel, Fullerton Suite
Date: 4 April 2009, Saturday
Time : 7.30pm till 11pm.
Rates: S$20/per hour i.e S$70 for 3 1/2 hours.
Around 30-40 guests.

The theme of the party is "We Love Hollywood". And there will be pretty much novelty like a novelty red carpet, oscars statue..etc..

The venue of the party will be at a suite at a corner on the top floor, with a outdoor rooftop balcony overlooking the esplanade and merlion. All i need you to do is use your imagination and shoot nice pictures, the food, the people, the surrounding.

It will be a good chance for networking too, as most of my friends are all working in media-related industry.

Please email me your portfolio(if you have any) and your contact information to : keyis_ng@yahoo.co.uk

I will get back to you ASAP. Thanks alot!

Cheers,
Keyis

Woah!

The suite at The FULLERTON!

Must be quite a birthday bash!

CONGRATS!

But seriously, $20 / hour for a artistic photographer?

Most freelancers already start out at $70 - $80 / hr, and anyhow try try students go for about $40 / hour.

Would you re-consider your budget?

I guess its the client's choice.

If no desperate pros (i assume there are, on clubsnap) wants to do the job at $20/hr, he'll find some student/hobbyist who will take his D90 or Rebel to the shoot with a kit lens and cheap prime. If he doesn't need his photographer to look like a pro, so be it.

Of course, there are very rich students with 1Ds MKIII/D3 who are willing to do the job for fun. It really depends on the client's luck as well...

If theres a paid job, there will be takers.

If no desperate pros (i assume there are, on clubsnap) wants to do the job at $20/hr, he'll find some student/hobbyist who will take his D90 or Rebel to the shoot with a kit lens and cheap prime. If he doesn't need his photographer to look like a pro, so be it.

Of course, there are very rich students with 1Ds MKIII/D3 who are willing to do the job for fun. It really depends on the client's luck as well...

Quite alot of students uses 1Ds and D3s nowadays. Dont under-estimate them. :)

I'm a poor student willing to take up the job. ;) No D90, D3 or kit lens though. Just a bunch of MF primes and a 2nd hand SB-24 with a D80 and sound knowledge on controlling a camera. I've dropped the TS a mail. I can't promise the results of a pro but you get value for money I guess :)

I'm a poor student willing to take up the job. ;) No D90, D3 or kit lens though. Just a bunch of MF primes and a 2nd hand SB-24 with a D80 and sound knowledge on controlling a camera. I've dropped the TS a mail. I can't promise the results of a pro but you get value for money I guess :)

D80, SB-24 and MF primes?

Thats the attitude!

have themes and money to blow on the theme for a 21st bday at the fullerton but don't have much of a budget -.- hais

Hi there!

I am a budding photographer here and looking for a artistic and fun photographer out there for my 21st Birthday Party!

Around 30-40 guests.

The theme of the party is "We Love Hollywood". And there will be pretty much novelty like a novelty red carpet, oscars statue..etc..

The venue of the party will be at a suite at a corner on the top floor, with a outdoor rooftop balcony overlooking the esplanade and merlion. All i need you to do is use your imagination and shoot nice pictures, the food, the people, the surrounding.

It will be a good chance for networking too, as most of my friends are all working in media-related industry.

Please email me your portfolio(if you have any) and your contact information to : keyis_ng@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers,
Keyis
the first thing is must have fun, and the shots must be artistic also, money is not important. strongly agreed with these, to me artistic means all the shots must be very arty farty, out of focus, motion blur, hand shake, off color, grainny, off composition, face half crop or showing body with out heads are the way to go. those standard mug shots like "look at camera, One, Two, Three and smile" is out of fashion, very obit, absolute not nice, should avoid it totally.

networking is very important, so the photographer's name will spread around, everyone knows this photographer is cheap and good, more similar jobs will be on the way to the photographer, and he will be laughing all the way to the bank.

yes, no portfolio is needed, cos when a photographer is very arty farty, all the shots are very unpredictable, and it is not duplicable, so no way and no point of showing portfolio, since customers will not able to get the same things all the time, and very importantly is the photographer will give customers when he think is best and nice, not what customer think when is best and nice, since the photographer is the artist who create art, not the customers.

hope this help.

If got so many friends in the media industry why don't you get one of your friends to shoot for you? Find it kinda weird a budding photographer who has many media friends does not have at least 1 photographer invited to his birthday to help him get some snaps. Whatever it is 3.5 hours for $70 is just wrong, it is almost a complete insult, seeing that you clearly have enough money to factor in.

What if you go there and some his friends turn out to be pro photographers. They will be laughing to themselves that someone actually turned up for $70 pay.. Everyone there will loose respect for you. This is negative "networking". Also remember you are expected to "shoot nice pictures", if you do not deliver, you do not deliver. It does not matter if you were paid $70 or $700, you are still at fault.

Just my personal point of view.

Fullerton Suite: $2000

Food and Drinks: $400

Decoration: $300

Cake: $200

Someone who takes up this project for $70.. PRICELESS!

Hi there!

Around 30-40 guests.

Cheers,
Keyis

Status
Not open for further replies.