Article - Why Sony’s Full Frame Pro Mirrorless Was a Fatal Mistake

Like the respond.

Why normal DSLR cannot have some of the functions & features like Mirror-less cam ??
I like features like EVF showing true exposure, In Body stabilization and etc .....

Those who like a camera, will buy it just because they want to and can do so. Those who buy already and realise they dont like it, will sell it or keep as a paperweight.

I'm surprised the original author went to such lengths to comment on another system! Really a lot of time.. Maybe can hire him to help look into how our MRT system has broken down but is more reliable. :)

Those who like a camera, will buy it just because they want to and can do so. Those who buy already and realise they dont like it, will sell it or keep as a paperweight.

I'm surprised the original author went to such lengths to comment on another system! Really a lot of time.. Maybe can hire him to help look into how our MRT system has broken down but is more reliable. :)

those who talks a lot, shoots less,

those who shoots more, talks less.

those who talks and shoots at the same time, either one is rubbish or all are rubbish.

Article @ Petapixel.com

Basically arguing on the combo compactness, weights, tech, functions & etc ....

Interesting read.

Thanks for sharing! Just had a read of the article and response.

When reading the article I kept thinking how a big proportion of A7* users, especially A7S/ SII users are videographers. The author also approaches this from a technical perspective - where the basis of all criticism is on the technical flaws and physical specifications of the system. There are flaws in all other systems if we look at things this way. On the full continuum of flange distances and mount diameters, every value would present its own engineering challenges.

And there's no account for positive "network effects" where the high sales and total number of camera bodies will ensure the survivability of the E-mount. The E-mount is only a 6 year old mount and there's still lots of room for new zoom lenses to be created.

But that said I did enjoy reading this article and it did a good job at nullifying the idea that a mirrorless system is any more compact than a DSLR if we took into account the body + lens length. (I think Tony Northup had a video for this when the G-master lenses were released)

Like the respond.

Why normal DSLR cannot have some of the functions & features like Mirror-less cam ??
I like features like EVF showing true exposure, In Body stabilization and etc .....

After Sony decided that it is impossible to compete in DSLR segment in traditional form, it created 2 technological path - DSLT and Mirrorless (NEX). A slew of products came pouring out in rapid succession to test the market and refine their offering. This of course is my humble observation of the events that unfolded.

Somehow, mirrorless caught the attention of many as it is very versatile in adapting legacy lenses. It is also the very reason I bought Nex 5N and A7R subsequently. DSLT however suffered as it is dedicated to A-mount. Convincing Canikon users to switch is very hard as the barrier is cost. Mirrorless on the other hand shifted the paradigms - with suitable adaptors, Canikon users can now migrate to Sony camera bodies. As in any new ideas, it takes a few iterations to make it better. It is also just a matter of time, users will start to buy native lenses. A modern day Trojan Horse, I might say.

DSLT wasn't shabby. It had EVF and in body Image stabilisation from the beginning. As it had no flipping mirrors, it could shoot high frame rates. It had much better ergonomics and does video amazingly well. However, It couldn't do what mirrorless could achieve - winning Canikon users. Sony is bleeding red and need to heal it's bottom line. I could imagine them setting aside DSLT for now. Again, this is just my humble opinion. I stayed with my trusty A850.