Arrived in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

dibyogahari

Jan 30, 2005
Bandung, Indonesia
www.dibyo.com
Just arrived in Singapore yesterday, and took some shots with my new infrared version.
All shots are fresh from the camera, no color correction, no channel swap.

church.jpg

marinabay.jpg

merlion.jpg

Last edited:
wow!
how did you mod your camera?
is it a goldie IR ?

@Om dibyo,

seems both of us using the new visible filter..hihihihi...

In fact he can mod it for you. Pm him if you want. He will be going back on Monday.

Francis247 : Yours what version ? can share some images ? thanks before! :)

Hi,

Mine is the Goldie IR version. Thanks.

Francis, show yours.. want to see the different betwn yours and the one posted here.
I am yet to accept those colorful IR.. it seems to me like a color pix going for some PS
to make those leaves orange or yellow.. gone is the Special IR feel.
Maybe I will learn to accept it one day..:bsmilie:

Last edited:
Francis, show yours.. want to see the different betwn yours and the one posted here.
I am yet to accept those colorful IR.. it seems to me like a color pix going for some PS
to make those leaves orange or yellow.. gone is the Special IR feel.
Maybe I will learn to accept it one day..:bsmilie:

Dibyo, don't mind if I share some shots with the Goldie here?

Stan,
If you want to go for the "traditional" white foliage blue sky feel. Depending on your pp, it can still be achieved with the Goldie.

DSC_2995-W1100.jpg

Slight blur added to try to bring out the glow.
DSC_2995-WB1100.jpg

And here's the yellow leaves version.
DSC_2995-1H1100.jpg

Last edited:
Dibyo, don't mind if I share some shots with the Goldie here?

Stan,
If you want to go for the "traditional" white foliage blue sky feel. Depending on your pp, it can still be achieved with the Goldie.

Lee, are these done by PP or the built-in filter... must learn the PP of gold leaves from you.thx:)

The gold leaves look good in your pix coz the entire pix do not have too many colors and the rocks are also muted.
Pix posted earlier by TS have scene that have too many color which ultimately makes the entire pix to become just another Color photo with golden leaves.

Maybe I should try on one of this mod color IR cam to see how it works on different selected scene…. This can revises my interests in IR again..

Last edited:
can I ask what is the goldie IR version?

is it a filter like the hoya R72?
or is it a pp technique?
or is it another thing?

Lee, are these done by PP or the built-in filter... must learn the PP of gold leaves from you.thx:)

The gold leaves look good in your pix coz the entire pix do not have too many colors and the rocks are also muted.
Pix posted earlier by TS have scene that have too many color which ultimately makes the entire pix to become just another Color photo with golden leaves.

Maybe I should try on one of this mod color IR cam to see how it works on different selected scene…. This can revises my interests in IR again..

Stan, those were done with my faithful D70ir, fitted with the Goldie IR filter. The gold leaves you see is the result of Goldie, thus appropriately named. 100% Red/Blue channel swap gives that effect.

Pix posted by TS were shot with a different filter, much lighter which allows more colors to pass thru''

Stan, those were done with my faithful D70ir, fitted with the Goldie IR filter. The gold leaves you see is the result of Goldie, thus appropriately named. 100% Red/Blue channel swap gives that effect.

Pix posted by TS were shot with a different filter, much lighter which allows more colors to pass thru''

Many thanks Lee for such info, I think I am just too out of touch with IR development and need a lot of Effort to get back in track again.:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.