Areas in Punggol

Status
Not open for further replies.
boss,

after u mentioned, i was curious why i took vertical (portrait) viewpoint. i dbl check my photos, and relised tat if i took landscape mode, i would have included the container crane (seen in the fisherman boat photo) in the photo liao.

i din crop it tighter was becos i am trying my best to observed the "basics". the fisherman and the horizon are in the "rules of third" and the "cut away potion by u also in the final third sector.......

jay the basic

container crane is not an issue i think, it isn't that large, right? :D

anyways, it is not a bad picture, i just think it might have been marginally better taken in the landscape format. :)

on another note, when i did the "black line" thing it was to show you a good idea of what the picture might look like framed that way, with more stuff on the right. not suggesting a square crop, no. i myself do not like square crops. =D

g-khoo, sure, you'll have to wait till summer though.. and depends on whether i have anything on during my hols :(

lovely sky. bad foreground.

maybe it is just me, i absolutely hate having photographers in my picture, but that aside, the pose is not interesting, unlike the previous picture. i just see a guy bumbling around with a camera on a tripod. that is not interesting to me, so i would not expect many people to find it interesting either. besides that, his head has blended (not entirely, but it is bad enough) into the horizon line in shadow. close-up it isn't all that bad because i can see details, but a little further from my computer screen and i have to admit that he looks headless.

once again, there is a very very strong blue cast. is this due to pp or?

boss,

this photo i actually kicking myself in the butt. this is the only 1 i took in landscape mode........ :cry:

dunnoe about the blue cast, this photos was quite perfect so i din do any pp on the over all photo, i just darken the shirt of the photographer nia.

jay the turned blue

now this is a shot i can comment a lot about.

i hope you don't mind being harsh, this seems like a shot without purpose or idea, nor was any thought put into it. the choice of framing is interesting, i can see what the subject is supposed to be, the darker window flap, but somehow its position, along with the mess of elements which clash in a riot of presence together, does not make it seem to be the subject.

in any case, i tried to work on this, did some cropping, and some layering with selective orton and some burning and dodging (sloppy work) to try to bring out some idea, not sure if it works

boss,

ok. now for this 1 i save the best for the last. :D

point noted. actually i was kind of lost tat day at matilta's house, no inspiration, dunnoe why.

just saw the "falling" window panel and want to capture it, but i just cant get a nice angle or nice comosition of it.

maybe like 1 of the bro here once said, "if u cant see it, dun shoot. save bullet" or something like tat.

jay the lost soul

nightmare, interested to know what you meant by "selective orton".

nightmare, interested to know what you meant by "selective orton".

did you see that picture i put up?

only part of the picture is ortonised

done using layers lor :) same as selective blur
perhaps there is no such term, but that's what i call it :bsmilie:

did you see that picture i put up?

only part of the picture is ortonised

done using layers lor :) same as selective blur
perhaps there is no such term, but that's what i call it :bsmilie:

Heh. I see it in the pic, but I'm just wondering what orton actually is. How does it come about?

interesting sharing on this thread.. n nightmare is always an active contributor. :thumbsup:

hi are you able to tell me where this place is? cos i used to stay in punggol but i havent seen a place like that. btw, i have a canon 350D, if i want to buy colour filters to play ard, can you advise which brand and does the fit matter? cos im planning to buy it off websites.

please let me know! thanks!

hi are you able to tell me where this place is? cos i used to stay in punggol but i havent seen a place like that. btw, i have a canon 350D, if i want to buy colour filters to play ard, can you advise which brand and does the fit matter? cos im planning to buy it off websites.

please let me know! thanks!

digital photography, no need color filters

all the color filters can apply in photoshop, either with digital filter or color balance tweaks

you basically need stuff that you cannot do in photoshop, like
gnd
nd
cpl
ir (if you like)

i think the rest really don't need to buy

for gnds, can buy off ppcp - google for their website, tianya is a good brand for its price
i suggest buying the cokin holder though, is compatible

this is mathilda house.. but rright now fenced out so you can only take the exterior

right next to punggol mrt, got one patch of grass with one ugly red house by itself? that is mathilda house

Status
Not open for further replies.