Are You Looking For Stories For Your Short Movie?

yeobt

May 23, 2007
Do you know why most of the jack neo's movies is so successful in our box office? Becos his movies tell our stories n it catches most of our heart. Now, if you are looking for the similar type of local contents to boost up your audience base on small screen, here is the chance.

I have been driving as a part time taxi driver for more than 4 years. I met many types of people on the street. Some are good, some are annoying, some have funny request, some have weird behavior and some are just unbelievable. Maybe, let me share one of my many stories here for a start.

I pickup this man in his 50s outside one of our popular nite club. He was well dressed and his arm was over a young sweet lady in her early 20s. I was told to send them to chacery lane near Thomson road, one of the private estate. During the journey, this guy was boasting to his girl beside him how much he knows about the world economy situation and how much of millions dollar business he transacted in every working days. Soon, we reach outside his posh bungalow. I saw a convertible Audi parked behind the closed gate. The fare was $19,90. He passed me 2 $10 notes. I say thank you and grill my eyes on the convertible. I realized a moment later that the gal was walking alone towards the house without the man. I turn back to only realize the man was still seating behind me with his palm stretch out waiting for the 10 cents change. :bigeyes:

I hv stories, and if you think you are creative and is capable to cook stories with pepper and garlic to it to meet our local taste, PM me, maybe we can do something. ;)

Last edited:
Unfortunately, most of Jack's block busters are adaptation of other people's script. His local ones didnt take off except for this recent soldier one.

Do you know why most of the jack neo's movies is so successful in our box office? Becos his movies tell our stories n it catches most of our heart. Now, if you are looking for the similar type of local contents to boost up your audience base on small screen, here is the chance.

I have been driving as a part time taxi driver for more than 4 years. I met many types of people on the street. Some are good, some are annoying, some have funny request, some have weird behavior and some are just unbelievable. Maybe, let me share one of my many stories here for a start.

I pickup this man in his 50s outside one of our popular nite club. He was well dressed and his arm was over a young sweet lady in her early 20s. I was told to send them to chacery lane near Thomson road, one of the private estate. During the journey, this guy was boasting to his girl beside him how much he knows about the world economy situation and how much of millions dollar business he transacted in every working days. Soon, we reach outside his posh bungalow. I saw a convertible Audi parked behind the closed gate. The fare was $19,90. He passed me 2 $10 notes. I say thank you and grill my eyes on the convertible. I realized a moment later that the gal was walking alone towards the house without the man. I turn back to only realize the man was still seating behind me with his palm stretch out waiting for the 10 cents change. :bigeyes:

I hv stories, and if you think you are creative and is capable to cook stories with pepper and garlic to it to meet our local taste, PM me, maybe we can do something. ;)

Hi
do you need videographers?

Hi
do you need videographers?

I don't think videographers cut it. You can take video, but what about creative story telling, directing, lighting? This is not a 1-3 man job. It takes time to further develop the story TS intended to portray.

I don't think videographers cut it. You can take video, but what about creative story telling, directing, lighting? This is not a 1-3 man job. It takes time to further develop the story TS intended to portray.

yup, must be done it tastefully or it becomes a joke. ;)

Who knows what he/she can do? Given the technology of cameras these days, you dont really need a large crew to pull off a short story.
A 2 min video drive with a cab driver could be interesting by itself, having the driver comment on SG as he drives around.

Who knows what he/she can do? Given the technology of cameras these days, you dont really need a large crew to pull off a short story.
A 2 min video drive with a cab driver could be interesting by itself, having the driver comment on SG as he drives around.

idea is not new. 20 years ago while as a student in australia, they already have a program. They placed hidden cameras through the cams to document the stories of each passengers. At the end of the ride, the passengers are told and if they want to have their stories released on national (australia) television.

I remb a few stories.
- couple who were so passionate that they made love in the back of the cab as the driver (host) drove
- an AIDS patient
- gay couple (which was a big deal 20 years back).