Are you a photographer or a lens-changer?

Curious... wouldn't a single 18-200VR(IS) lens ofter similar IQ and range with less haste? :think:

No Budget for 18-200 lol

18-105 Good enough for now rarely using Over the 105 Range so its good for now unless i go Cover Large Events then may need the 200

The brother is being cheeky, no reason why you want to take him seriously.

Might as well ask:

1. Are you a photographer or a tripod carrier?
2. Are you a photographer or a battery charging peon?
3. Are you a photographer or a fashion camera bag connosieur?
4. Are you a photographer or a remote control holder?
5. Are you a photographer or a beach bum?

i want to be number 3 :lovegrin: but no money for a billingham :bheart:

sometimes i do hope that i am more a lens changer..coz usually i only bring 1 lens for the main theme tt i shoot...thus, if i find something interesting along the way, I dun have a 2nd lens to change my perspective.

anyway, if a pg knows what he is doing, he can always change as many lenses as he wants throughout the shoot, isn't it.

I want to be a photographer because I cannot afford to be both. I don't want to be burdened while I go walkabout shooting. One lens and one camera man

i think the whole point of the question is to address the extreme, where the user is obssessively changing lens for every other shot and missing out on the whole point and joy of photography, and getting dust into the sensor for no good reason. :bsmilie:

i think the whole point of the question is to address the extreme, where the user is obssessively changing lens for every other shot and missing out on the whole point and joy of photography, and getting dust into the sensor for no good reason. :bsmilie:

That's what I think too.

As much as I would like to use 1 lens to shoot everything.....it can't be done at times. From Wide Landscape (18mm is not wide enough for me for most occassions) to Telephoto shots (normally > 100mm - 250mm).

I don't have a real issue with frequent lens change since other than my 18-55, my other lens do quite different things.